IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nope not for us, I did not see any signs of the nets affecting the bite in the Longview area today. In fact we were limited (8 fish) in 4 hours of the tide with nice URB's.

Just thought you might want to know how the nets affected the bite. I was a little worried myself about how today was going to fish.

Joe

·
Registered
908 Posts
Talked with WDFW today and they said there was very little netting actually done because of price and the fact that Kings are hard to net effectively in the daytime. So, expect a nighttime net fishery before the week is over.

Jim

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Joe,
Were you fishing the mouth of the Cowlitz today? We were there and didn't see that what little netting was done yesterday hurt anything. We caught 2 nooks and released a nate silver. Saw numerous other fish caught, nooks and silvers. The silvers didn't seem to be all that big, kinda smallish compared to years past.

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
Fishinlady97140
I got my info from a gillnetter who updated me on the cannery/netter price conflicts which have kept most of the nets out until this evening.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts