IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The floor in my boat is getting soft in a few places, any of you have diamond plate floors? would it be slippery? seem if I screwed and glued down to floor it would make my floor last a long time. My existing floor is plywood coated with what appears to be pick-up bed liner. any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Don't add the diamond plate over the wood. Remove the wood altogether and use only diamond plate.
Good Luck

·
Registered
624 Posts
I need to do the same for my drifter but am concerned about the added weight. Has anyone ever used a textured aluminium flooring successfully?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Barvie, your new alum floor will wiegh less than your soaked wook floors. Maybe you are concerned that you will be to light and that you might float away in the wind. :grin: :grin: just kiddin. Grant

·
Registered
624 Posts
Is diamond plate made of aluminium?? If so, where is the best place to find it? I am ready to drill and pop rivet. My Mom was a Rosie the riveter during WW2.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I couldn't tell you where to find the stuff in your area but I would like to see your face when you see how much a sheet costs. :shocked:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grant i gotta look around but made one call and can get 1/4" for $190.a sheet.Probably can find it cheaper.If they make it thinner it would even be better.I figure about 2 1-2 sheets would do mine.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
1/4" seems a bit thick, I think 1/8" is what you are looking for (if you have the support) and a good pair of dark glasss for the first few months of use.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
might look kinda neat painted ?
it would help avoid eye strain :cool:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Diamond plating is too shiny. I wouldn't put it in my DB. Marine grade coated plywood. I bet I could get Willie to put a new bottem in my boat cheaper than that heavy shiny, sharp edged diamond plating.

MarlinMark

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
It's not heavy, it's not sharp if properly edged with vinyl and it's not shiny after several trips. Some people paint it if they can't wait for it to scuff up.

Don't knock it until you have tried it. I will never own another drift boat with out it. Grant

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Grant

Steelco in albany quoted me that price on 1/4" and then I called an outfit in Corvallis that uses a lot and they quoted the same for 1/8" I think I will go over to Steelco and get a quote on 1/4 again and then right after ask for a quote on 1/8" lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just have one question with diamond plate on the floor....how do you clean it? I keep thinking of my egg splatters and fish blood and wonder how you would get one clean? Inquiring minds just want to know....

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Clean it??

Just a hose and a brush :wink:

One thing I am surprised about with the diamond plate floor is how cool (temperature) it is compared to vinyl.

I have a diamond plate front deck and I can walk bare footed just fine on the hottest days where as the vinyl floor I'm jumping from shadow to shadow!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had a diamond plate raised floor in my Willie driftboat for years and love it. As for cleaning I carry a brush and a solution of Simple Green and water. Spray, brush and wash off,it work's great. You will wish you had done it a long time ago. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts