IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lake was closed last week due to the algae bloom, but I hear they are re-testing today and may re-open it. Has anyone else heard this? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I have relatives camping there and they called and comfirmed the Algee Bloom. Hopefully it will re-open soon as we are headed there the 21st.

Jet~~~

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I just got back from there yesterday and I didnt hear anything about a re-testing, but then again I only went to the resort to gas up. Here is a pic I took of the lake....

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'm all too familiar with that color. I'm actually glad the bloom is going on now, because I'll be there in August.
Hey Rainshine, would you mind giving me a few pointers with trolling setups? I really haven't ever trolled, but I'm aware it's a very good way of targeting trout in lakes.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Opps. :tongue:

[ 07-07-2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: sparkleboy ]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not closed to fishing...just swimming/wading. I guess the algea is irritating to the skin.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The algae is toxic. If it gets too bad, they close it to boating and angling too. The lodge there hates when they close it. It's gotta cost them big bucks when people cancel because they can't fish. I wouldn't hold my breath about it getting better soon. Usually, it just gets worse until the water cools down. But you never know.

happybrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts