IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished Detroit Lake Saturday and Sunday. Mostly trolling with Ford Fenders or other Pop Geer and Wedding Rings tipped with white corn or worms. Did cast some "Super Dupers" and Nordics with very little results.

All Rainbows no Kokanee. Running small. to 12". The wife and I limited out by noon on Saturday would have been sooner but threw quite a few little guys back. Sunday was slower but fish were a little bigger.

Access road works fine for launching but watch for stumps on the east side of the ramp and rocks on the west. Asphalt into water. Also watch out for cranky geezers who yell at their wives and kids while they are launching their boats in the water. I swear some folks are too stupid to deserve the blessings they've had bestowed upon themselves. My wife said I couldn't smack the moron with an oar so he lives to belittle his family another day. After watching him "nurture" his family, I'm sure those kids will want to fish when the grow up. I'm glad I didn't smack him. With my luck I'd have broke an oar and I just sanded and varnished them so they shined real nice. This was a wise course of action although people like that do tend to irritate me a mite :mad: .

Island area produced very well lots of action around western point 35 pulls or so in 70' water near drop off trolling east along southern side produced the bigger fish. Finder said there were really big ones down deep but my Finder lies like a banshee :grin:

I did get to try out my new Minn Kota trolling motor and it worked great.

Have a great week.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I used to live in salem years ago and a really fun and succesful way to fish detroit is to leave the boat at home and go to the town of detroit and fish the santiam arm where it dumps into the lake with small gear and single eggs and you will catch alot of nice fish...... :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hey thanks for the report. This is my dad's favorite lake so it's always good to hear how it's producing. Maybe he'll talk me into one last trip for the season...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts