IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the ass hat that side swiped my trailer and bent the crap out of my right trailer light bracket and my fender! Thanks a lot ********. I hope karma comes back around to bite you. Beautiful day and return to that.

·
King Lingcod
49,339 Posts
Oh man, I was hoping on getting a different story than that. Sorry about your trailer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, when I was launching I should of expected it. Never seen so many people who cant back a trailer up. Worst part is I'm pretty positive they did it pulling in next to me.

Fishing was slow as expected. Water temp about 39.6 so not alot of action but nice time on the water

·
Registered
306 Posts
Similar experience for me at Merwin 10/18. Found a perfect replacement LED starboard side replacement light assembly on E-Trailer for about 50 bucks. Was able to straighten the bracket but concerned about a compromised galvanized finish.

Curious how often us fishermen do that to each other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've been pulling a boat around for 25+ yrs and have never even come close to hitting anyone. Some real idiot people driving. Both vehicles and boats

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My buddy has been hit 3 times at Garibaldi in the last year and a half. The last guy left a note. 4K of damage.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The number of googans at the ramp lately has been impressive. Been seeing a ton of people trying to dump their boat off the trailer, inability to back, and hard starting boats. You name it....
Still recovering from the 4k in damage from someone sideswiping my trainer two months ago. Progressive and koffler have both been good to deal with.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Some times I wonder if it isn't the buddy trying to help out. With lack of experience towing and in a rush to make it back down too the boat to fish probably didn't even know they hit something. Or didn't properly park and the trailer is in the way of the other guys buddy picking up the trailer to take out and didn't notice taking you out. (Seems like a visious circle)

I used to let friends park the truck and trailer for me while I back the boat off and prep for the trip. I had trailer damaged multiple times. Now I do it my self and knock on wood (I will probably regret this) haven't had a problem.

My current tow rig crew cab full length chevy diesel with a winch bumper and a 25' LOA boat on a heavy duty trailer with 3' of tongue and motors hanging off the back doesn't fit in just any parking spot. Not sure how the guide do it. Plenty of potential in a parking lot that's for sure!
Hoping for a dent free 2021!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts