IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a great day on Detroit Lake. Kokes and Rainbows to 12" on wedding rings and needlefish tipped with worm and white corn. The trick seemed to be trolling pop gear at about 30 - 40 pulls. Had we kept track, we could have easily been off the water with limits by noon.

The usual spots produced well...the island...far bank from Mongold etc. We even fished, with great success, at the dam. BTW...the finder showed some monsters close to the bottom.

Mongold access road launch is plenty useable unless you are lauching a Cruise Ship!

A great time was had by all.

MANY THANKS TO THOSE THAT RESPONDED TO MY POST REQUESTING INFORMATION...IT WAS RIGHT ON AND WELL WORTH IT.

Gary

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks for the report, you just made my weekend plans for me.

Would you mind sharing how much lead (if any) you were using and this is a dumb question but what is "pop gear".

·
Registered
140 Posts
guitgary,

Nice post. I frequent that body of water multiple times in the spring and summer. I've never fished it this time of year. Way to go!

Yes I Am

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I am going to take a trip up there this weekend and take a break from the "big" fish. It should be fun,,,

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Maybe we'll see you guys out there this weekend. The wife and I will be there Saturday for sure. Fishing in the little Gregor with Seiko the Wonder Shiba Inu.

Have a great week.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm showing my age...we use to refer to various trolls as "pop gear". Basically, any multi-bladed trolling gear...ford fender...cowbell...willow leaf et al.

We were fishing 1oz & 1 1/2 oz spinning leads. I used to refer to these as mooching sinkers...barrel swivel on one end...chain swivel on the other...banana shaped.

The way they were hitting yesterday...whew...kind of spoils you!

Hope this helps,

G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts