IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my girl out to detroit to do some slow trolling;( her first time fishing ). I am looking for kokanee and need some tips since i have never done it. I have heard that right now fish in 30 feet of water with a 2 ounce weight at 20 pulls. Spinner tipped with corn or cheese (what kind of cheese?) some flashers mabie.... any one know what side of the lake i should spend my time around... how fast should i troll? springer crawl or coho sprint

any ideas welcome, ill post some pics if we get some...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Fish along North side of the island with lake troll and green wedding ring tipped with shompoeg(spell?) corn In line weight 2oz works the best. Good Fishing

·
Registered
280 Posts
It is a blast to take the kids fishing at Detroit. Use the Green Giant White Shoepeg corn on a wedding ring. The color may vary, not the corn. Use light line. 6 pound is fine but anything much heavier doesn't work well. You can scent the corn with anise or egg juice or add a salmon egg, piece of worm to the corn. Troll speed is not as important as the zig zag. You might even hook up with a chinook surprise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts