IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy told me one time, that through ODFW, you can get a detailed report of cathces for the years past. I mean detailed like, the dates on certain rivers, that most fish are caught. I guess they get the data from returned tags? Does anyone know about this or has any one gotten one of these reports, and HOW?

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
A few years ago I went downtown to a Fisheries metting and they had those reports down there.
They are very revealing and I believe they are Stats taken by the fish counters. I have always
wondered why they weren't more readily available. I believe you have to pick them up at the
office. I am not even sure anymore that we have a ODFW office downtown Portland.
The reports will amaze you in terms of what rivers are listed. You can definatly get a profile of the
best time to be fishing. If I were you I would call the office. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
If you get stuck, e-mail me. I have these reports but mine are atleast 15-20 yrs old. Think I have 5 yrs worth. If I can find them I should be able to identify the source for you. Very good information for those starting out. Believe they are the results of the information on the tags. List the river, salmon and steelhead catch by month, great for run timing and strength. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts