IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There aren't any fish in the big "D". Don't bother taking any spinners, spoons, or jigs either...they don't work.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
As for trolling the mouth out front about the only thing you`ll need is a supply of wiggle warts in hot tiger, fire tiger,and M.J.`s..... As far as I know it`s been real slow.

[ 08-12-2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: dampainter ]

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I floated from Buck hollow to the mouth with the family last weekend, only fished a little and was rewarded with 1 hatchery fish. Saw plenty of tail slappers and saw about 4 others been played by fisher folks, mostly nates. Reports from folks at the mouth was that it was very slow outside. might try and post a pic later, great weekend :grin: .

·
Registered
531 Posts
Deschutes Steelhead Fishing is Excellent. Deschutes Fly fishing is good.
Those who know how are getting easy limits of mostly jumbo size misdirected hatchery Steelhead.
Many fish over 12 lb's being caught.
Deschutes Trout fishing is excellent in late afternoon/evening.Caddis, Caddis, Caddis...

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Any word on how the fishings been. A buddy is planning a 2 day trip and woanted a report on the latest action. Thanks in advance

Crayfin

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
It is prime time. From now to November.

Flies on cloudy days. Spinners, plugs, and jigs when it is sunny.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Thanks for the reports Fellas, I will forward on the news

Todd

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
We fished it on Monday with a guide. It was a sled trip. Great time and we were rewarded with some wily steelhead.

One native landed and 3 others on and lost. Also, one redside.

The guide said that it had been slower than normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts