IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we made it, It was me, Patrick, 3 Rivers Bob that actually camped. The weather was great not too cold or windy. Patrick slammed a few big fish at or about 20" and he and I made 2 floats 1 from Jones and 1 from Beaver, we hit every riffle and caught fish at most of the places we stopped, most were small trout 8"-14" and a few big whitefish. Mark Vickers showed up on saturday and spent the day hunting (looking not finding) birds, I even went out with him and his dog Huck for about an hour but there were no birds to be had. Mark also had a Flat Tire, this guy wins the dedicated Ifish award for just for showing up. Ryan and Don also made it for a day fish on saturday. It was a good thing I brought a bunch of wood as it would have been pretty cold around the fire ring at nite. For everyone who missed Bobs breakfast on saturday you missed out it was the best. The loser award goes to myself :smash:, I left the keys to the shuttle vehicle in the truck that dropped off the boats and it was at Jones and we were at Rattlesnake. Patrick made the hike back :applause: on foot (Bob was long gone before we got back) to get the truck :bowdown: the bonus was as we packed camp all the birds flew into our camp site I grabbed the gun and blasted a few to take home. All in all it was a good trip with some really great guys.

· Registered
13,724 Posts
we had a great time Saturday fishing with Bob and just sitting around and watching Mark Change the flat tire. it was great to get together like this we need to do it when it is not so cold. I vote for a spring time Ifish fly fishing camp out. rp

· Registered
9,881 Posts
I had a great time, got to fish some and the best part was meeting the other guys that were there. I don't know how you youngn's can take that cold weather, the older I get the the less I can take the cold, BUT when I was a young spring rooster that would have been t- shirt weather for me :bricks: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
DAB also known as Don

· Registered
151 Posts
I'm not sure Airborne really left the keys in the truck. He just didn't think I got enough exercise floating down the river. :grin:

I had a great time and can't wait until the next ifish get together. How about the Crooked in January??

Bob's breakfast was delicious, of course he cooked for 10 people, but there where only 3 of us, so Airborne and I had to eat a little extra :food: Thanks for breakfast Bob!

And thanks to Airborne for taking me on my first float down a river. It was great fun.

Mark, I think the birds were California Quail (I thought they were Gambel Quail at first, but I looked them up in my wife's bird book). They literally just flew into camp, with about 15 birds sitting under the picnic table! By the way, thanks for driving all that way just so I could meet you! :cheers:

Ryan and DAB, it was good to meet you. Hopefully you can stay longer at the next gathering.

· Registered
2,552 Posts
I had a great time also. Glad to do the breakfast. Nice to meet you Patrick and Airborne and good see some old ifish friends too. I did get a shot of Mark and his bad luck:

This old body doesn't take like it used either DAB. I'm still recovering. Tomorrow I have to unload. Just layed around today trying to get body to work again. The drive home Sunday was sure nice once I got of the fog. Got this shot of the mountain:

Yes, we'll have to a warm weather camp out in the spring. We were talking of maybe doing the Metolius. What you guys think?

Anyway, off to bed and dreams of BIG fish.

Bob

· Registered
655 Posts
Frothing at the mouth. Nice tire Mark. Although, it still can't beat the Big D trip last year where the pilot got two flats and Brad got one all in the same day! Note to Deschutees, you must all have 6 ply tires to survive the nice roads our taxes have all paid for. Sorry I missed breakkie from Bob. Beats the Italian cheese things from LNF to tie up the bowels in the morn I'll bet.

I'm on for anything in the future. Crooked, Metolious, good ole' D. Not sure if the Metolious can handle the rowdy Ifish crowd though.

Oh, Airborne. I feel for you brother on the keys. And, I trump you. About three years ago, I drifted the North Santiam from the Dam to the second take out past town and realized that my truck keys (the pick up vehicle) were sitting nicely on the floorboards of my buddy's truck (the drop off vehicle). I literally jogged in waders half pulled down the entire length of the drift. I finally hitched a ride in the back of someone's pickup about halfway. But, from this day forward, I know keep a contractors lockbox connected to each vehicle with keys in it to keep me from jogging on the next run.

--D

P.S. Is there anything left of the picnic table after Airborne shot at the birds?

:clap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.