IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fished the Deschutes in the last couple of days? I'm looking to take the kids over for the day and play on the bank, probably near the mouth, and was curious if the steelhead are moving or if the water is too warm? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fished for the first few hours today and saw three taken off of the island across from the launch and one taken by the bridge. It is still hit and miss as the numbers of fish have not reached the deschutes yet. Things can only get better over the next couple of months.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Fishing has been slow as compared to years past. My last trip up from the mouth I caught 3 steelhead and rescued 2 sunk boats for a total of 5 fishermen. All 5 were hatchery men so they were kept.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I can add to the above reports first hand now. Spent a few hours on the river from the launch on up past moody rapids - nothing, nada, zip. Saw at least six other fishermen in that same stretch and didn't see a fish hooked. Just means there are more for the next trip :grin:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Heard the hollering of one caught around 6:30 a.m. Saw a nice native caught on a spinner from the west bank just after the sun hit the water. I went 0-2 on flies - both hook-ups in the afternoon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts