IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Saturday 3:00 am drove over to Shees Bridge for a couple of days fishen, This is the UP DATE.
1. If you go over, park and spend the night at the ladder hole, "IT'S FREE TO PARK AND CAMP"
anywhere else the State Police well ask you to move on.

2. Now for the report. :shrug: :shrug:
a. The fishen has been cut off by 75% due to nets in the river, Cloumbia Tribel Net Fishing.
b. We through every thing at them,
EGGS, SHRIMP, TUNA, A MIXTURE, YOU NAME IT WE THROUGH IT.
c. From last weekend I hooked 9 fish, brought home 5.

This weekend hooked 4 brought home 1, I saw maybe 20 fish landed, and maybe 8 wild sent back, and 8 lost, to poor hook sets.
The fish count may be right at the Dalles damn, but the fish end up in the nets!!!!!
If you have spent any time on this salmon fishery, the fish take a good 10 days to pass the damn, and head up the Deschutes to the Sheers Bridge aera.
So If you are planning on a trip over here Remember to spend the night at the ladder hole (West Side Of Bridge) (FREE) AND GOOD LUCK!!!!
I am takeing this next weekend off so there well be fish for someone. GOOD LUCK TIGHT LINES Mr.A :cheers:

·
Registered
601 Posts
how far up the Deschutes do the springers run? getting there at 3am in order to score a good spot isn't my cup of tea. but drift fishing or throwing spinners for them higher up with elbow room sounds pretty good! harpum flats area?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Do you know about jigging with spoons at the mouth of the Deschutes?

I remember seeing several articles about that but haven't tried it.

I jig for salmon around the Nisqually delta area with good success but the warmer climate appeals to me.

Thanx.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
The tribal netters aren't criminal in the since of the Law. The bolt decision ensures them 50% of the allowable catch + their "ceremonial netting" which is a way that they go beyond their catch. It is a source of discontent among fisherman because they don't care whether a fish is wild or not and are not seen as having the care for the fisheries that sportsmen do. But their is nothing sportsmen can do about it because they are ensured this by 150 year old treaties.

·
Registered
384 Posts
driftphish, the few nooks I've seen above Hapham, in the canyon, are very beat looking. If you were thinking of spending the time to get a Deschutes Chinook I would think tossing lures and such would be more productive below Sherars and would get you into a better looking Phish. And the crowds are going to be pretty thick in the Harpham-Maupin area very shortly, though I'd quit fishing the D if the Deschutes trout or steelhead fishery every got as crowded as Mr A describes for Chinook. Tight lines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts