IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's happening on the Deschutes near Maupin this weekend? Only fished it a couple times. Are they catching springers there now?? What about redsides or anything else that will bite a hook?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any suggestions on what, where, how would be greatly appreciated. We have four guys going Sat - Mon. Two of those guys almost exclusively flyfish.

G

·
I have a reliable source that tells me the chinook fishing has been good in the Schears falls area using eggs and sand shrimp, they have also caught a few above the falls using shrimp pattern flies. As for trout they have been getting fish on a fairly regular basis. Good luck.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Toss spinners in the back eddies (silver on sunny days, brass/gold cloudy days) and in the seams. Keep moving after 5-10 casts. I also really like using purple wiggle warts in the back eddies, less fish per day but they get the bigger ones!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Is the river open above Shears for salmon this year? Usually it's only open below Shears for springers.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
>>>Is the river open above Shears for salmon this year? Usually it's only open below Shears for springers.<<<

I don't fish that run but I'm pretty sure it is closed above. Steelies are on their way though, you guys can have those darn salmon..... :grin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. We had a good weekend. Picked up a fish on flies and rooster tails. Our nicer ones were in the 15" range (both rainbow and redside). I briefly tried wiggle warts and flatfish, with no luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts