IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my buddy today and he tells me his x-15 quit working and he sent it in to Lowrance and they told him his tranducer was toast.

They said it was from running his sonar while not in the water. :whazzup: :whazzup: They replaced it, but told him that running the sonar out of water ruins the transducer. Has anybody else heard this??????

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
I have forgotten to turn mine off a couple of times, turned it off when on the trailer, and it still works fine. :whazzup:

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
:hoboy: If that was true mine would of died years ago. I always forget to turn it off until I get home.

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
Yep, I have seen that happen years ago with the analog style depth finders, with the new technologies I thought they would have a shut down protection when the power was too high. I am sure the more expensive units might include such a feature.

fondly gus

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
mind reads the depth between the boat and the concrete of my garage floor great. Very accurate, but never shows any fish. hummmm!? Does it all the time. Still working, but that's just my humminbird model. Sounds like it's a possibility.

·
Registered
532 Posts
yes, I've seen this happen, they burn out

·
Registered
14,180 Posts
This often happens to me. I seldom remember to turn off the plastic jesus at the boat ramp. 20 minutes later at the washdown station I hear .... peck, peck, peck when I am tying the boat down and the sonar is busy pinging the asphalt.

So far .. knock on wood, no problems. But that may be because the sonar on my 350A is locked on manual settings at a low power and sensitivity.

Maybe the X15 is different and the transducer gets hot and burns out.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
You know it's funny you should mention this. Last weekend, my Lowrance X-70A quit working. After extensive troubleshooting, including examining all the splices in all the wires, i discovered I had blown the fuse. It had happened when I checked out the FF on the trailer, in my driveway.

I put a 22 shell in there (you know they are the same size as a fuze, and don't blow out as easily) and it works great now.

:grin:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Joe, you planning on some squirrel hunting with that Fishfinder? Don't forget your hunting license while using it. :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts