IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a fun day with light gear and swimbaits and trolling jigs. Started around 57/30 and ended up at 54/33.

Never saw any birds except the ones following our spread and no jumpers but had steady action most day. Ended with 27 at 3pm

Started with jigs went to swimbaits then back to jigs. Seemed when the sun was out swimbaits were the ticket and when it was overcast jigs got all the action.

Also got 2 on 15lb test and never had to stop the boat for them either. Both 20 plus pounds. Tons of fun.

Good luck if you go.

Luke

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had a fun day with light gear and swimbaits and trolling jigs. Started around 57/30 and ended up at 54/33.

Never saw any birds except the ones following our spread and no jumpers but had steady action most day. Ended with 27 at 3pm

Started with jigs went to swimbaits then back to jigs. Seemed when the sun was out swimbaits were the ticket and when it was overcast jigs got all the action.

Also got 2 on 15lb test and never had to stop the boat for them either. Both 20 plus pounds. Tons of fun.

Good luck if you go.
headed out sat from nwpt hope i have the same chances probably headed up to depoe for the tuna thanks for the info
Luke

·
Registered
11,461 Posts
Nice job Guy's. :cheers: Wow! #15 line while the Boat was moving....very sporty.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted. Glad to see fish still within my range!

·
Registered
16,800 Posts
Thanks for the light-tackle update.

Hoping they stick around through the weekend for us!

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
We too were out there, although we launched at Newport because of the crowded parking at Depoe. Tuesday was Depoe and by 6am the parking lot was jammed! There were a lot less boats out on Wed though, so the little harbor was probably all right.

Wednesday we scratched for our fish, only hooking up a couple of doubles. We saw our first-of-the-season jumpers and managed a double out of the first batch. It was all swimbaits too. I don't think we had one hookup on clones, although I have to admit we concentrated on the traps and tolled slower than we usually do the zukes.

We ended up about 30 miles from Newport, and probably 21-24 miles from Depoe. Nice water and big fish. I had a nephew and two of his college roomies from Montana, and I think they had a pretty good time. :grin: Those Rock Creek trout may not seem the same....

Good times - and I'm poooooped!

Skein

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Good job Jim. Yeah, makes those "other" fish, (i.e. trout/salmon/steel) just seem like child's play! :grin:

Congrat on gettin your nephew out there! I'll bet they had a blast!

I'm heading to central oregon this weekend, so go kill some fish for me!:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts