IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Serious Fun (he is on the way back from Depoe). He was salmon fishing. Went south just off Otter crest in 180' got their 6 salmon and back to the dock by 0830 (one 42 lb and one 20 lb nookie).
They heard several radio reports of Tuna at 12-17 miles. Things like "first tuna at 12 miles" and another that said 7 or 9 (I can't remember and his cell was cutting in and out) fish by the time they got to 17 miles.
This is third party stuff of course but I thought I would post asap for others that were trying to make plans for tomorrow.
We are hopefully going out of Depoe on Monday for Tuna.
Good luck everyone.
Hook-up.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The white is clouds (or fog?) that the satellite cant penatrate.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hook-up, have you been able to verify that close in tuna report?? :whazzup:
,Ed

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Last weekend I was down in Depoe Bay and talking with some of the charter boat Captains and was told that the tuna were in as close as 6, yes 6 miles out!! Holding true to the reports of 63 degree water..Wish I would have brought my boat, but the rough bar light was on most of the weekend, so I didn't feel as bad for leaving it at home!
Happy fishing~! :wave:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, unable to verify. All I can tell you is what my friend told me he heard on the radio. He is very reliable, however I can not vouch for the radio reports.
He did say he was fishing 47-49 degree water at 180'. So it must be a great break if the warm water is in that close.
Sorry I do not know more. Both of us have to work Tuesday. Otherwise would love to run with the pack going out on Tues. I think we will have a look Monday. If it is rough we may stay in close and get salmon and watch the weather to see if things drop off in the afternoon like predicted. If it does then do a quick run out and check things out.
Hook-up.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I never heard that report. Most of us were around the 61 spot. I and Badfish trolled in to 23 miles and we picked up a few at anout 24, but we were still in 62 degree water.
We caught 34...and when we weighed them we had a 19 lbs average.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
As a side note, just in case you are rolling down to or have thoughts of trailering to SoCal... Reports have been flooding in of BFT's, in substantial numbers, are chasing bait, foaming about and being dispatched just 1-5 miles outside Dana Point Harbor in Orange County... I have already reached my max BTF grocery order for the year or I would be there right now. Check this out... Facebook

·
Registered
218 Posts
As a side note, just in case you are rolling down to or have thoughts of trailering to SoCal... Reports have been flooding in of BFT's, in substantial numbers, are chasing bait, foaming about and being dispatched just 1-5 miles outside Dana Point Harbor in Orange County... I have already reached my max BTF grocery order for the year or I would be there right now. Check this out... Facebook
dude stop with the old threads...start a new one.

·
Registered
14,790 Posts
Hey!!! Not funny!

I read Wak's report and was starting to twitch then looked at the date...2004 😢

Reactions: 50 out

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Hey!!! Not funny!

I read Wak's report and was starting to twitch then looked at the date...2004
Do you remember the great posts from ‘07? Tuna were within 10 miles of the beach at the end of June. Stirring up those threads would be cruel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts