IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of fish with Nick Amato, his friend Carl on Wed. Also, a friend of mine went with us. We didn hit the water until about about 10:30 or so. We went out to 200' and started trolling. I started off with the same Chartruse Coyote spoon that produced so well last sunday. My friend also had on a Coyote. Nick and Carl started out with herring. It didnt take long to get into some fish. I started it out with a Mackeral :rolleyes: It was the only fish that liked the coyote. Nick was up next with a nice silver. From there on out after we all swithched to herring things got a little crazy. Nick and I get into a chinook. One mid 20's the other pushing 30. At one point we tried casting herring and Nordic jigs in amongst the bait balls we kept seeing out there. Nick is using a light spinning outfit and he catches and releases and nice silver. I end up catching a silver. My friend has a few silvers follow his Nordic to the boat.

Shark attack..........
The Blue Sharks were on a feeding frenzy around the bait balls. We must have hooked 10. At one point Carl and I were into a shark double. Talk about crazy. We never did land any, they always bit through the leader before we could get them close. My friend had one on for a long time before his main line gave out. These were no small sharks, they were betweeen 5' and 8' long. Talk about a kick in the butt to hook! Those sharks are fast!

After we got bored of the sharks we still needed 2 fish for our limits. We strted trolling again. Well those 2 fish came in the form of a double. Carl and my friend both landed nice fat clipped silvers. Afetr that it was off to shallow water for some bottom fish. We got a few bottom fish and called it a day around 3:30.

What a great day on the water. Saw lots of sea life from Sun fish to Whales. The company was great. the fishing was great and the weather and seas were perfect. It doesnt get any better.

[ 07-17-2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: willierower ]

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
No carp?

Sounds like a great time and good company. Those sharks can be fun if you dont miss the gear.

Congrats on a good trip. :cheers:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Hey Ugly Green, are ya reading this? They caught a macheral.

Good job on the fish out there. thanks for the report. :grin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ok, I'm surfing on Saturday near depoe bay, Granted I surf all the time, and I'm sure this was farther out to sea, but now I'm a little more scared. So, ummm, thanks alot. hehe..

[ 07-17-2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: BuckisMunz ]

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Holy Mackeral? Bernie, tell the that was a typo and not mis-spelled. They sure made this sound like a lot of fun. I feel like the other guy as Paul was out there wih me last Sunday and he never said he had this much fun. This flatlander has more fun with the sharks than with Capt. Crunch. * Paul, we did bring 11 fish to the boat last Sunday, have you forgotten?

I am glad you had a great trip out today and I am sure the water was better. How far out did you have to go and what was the water tempature? Did that ball of bait look like the big dark cloud we chased?

You, my friend are turning into a salty dog real fast and now know why I sold my Super Vee. I like the salt too.

Lets go again real soon. Waiting to see some of those photos.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No carp Doug, sorry. But that Mackeral was considered a trash fish.

No typo there snapshot. The water was alot better. No chumming this time :wink:

We went out about 3 miles. Surface temp was 61. And yest that was a big bait ball we chased last sunday.
We are going to have to do it again real soon.

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Hey!!! Mackerel are not trash fish. They are highly sought after bait for billfish right UG?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
That sound slike a good time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts