IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7,061 Posts
Nice work. Big one!
Huge cat.

The caption is weird, doesn't make much sense. If it lived under her porch, why did he kill it on top of a mountain? Or did he drag it up there for the pic? If I had a problem cat and knew where it lived, I'd kill it in it's bed, or coming or going from it, not climb a mountain and hunt it. But I know nothing about killing cats.

Sucks that he has to try to explain a bunch of extraneous circumstances to try and convince people why it was OK. It was a legal hunt, leave it at that. You aren't going to convert anyone by trying to convince them it was a problem predator that had to go, why even try? Who cares if the cat was a problem or not? Hunters don't, and neither do non-hunters.

· Registered
640 Posts
We have cats on our property here in CO, farmers deal with them, but farmers don't post about it in social media hey look at me.
Still sad it had to go find food where it did, their habits are shrinking fast here.

· Registered
4,002 Posts
Google and watch him talk about the hunt with Fox's Carlson. Yes they followed the tracks to the women's porch. I always picture a tiny little house with a tiny little porch with a big cat under it with big eyes shinning in the dark. The cat was treed by hounds. Big cat to be afraid of little dogs. He also talks about the problem with Cats and the need to manage them. Then he talks about the big male Cats eating the babies and a need to allow them to survive. He has gotten a lot of flack from what he did and it was a legal hunt, grueling but legal. He said he is processing the meat and will eat it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts