IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a boat 5 months ago and wanted to upgrade to a Suzy 250. They happened to have one and only one, and it was a 2020, but i got lucky and bought it anyway.

After putting a order in and down payment on a Suzy 9.9 kicker on 11-15-2020, they finally called and said it was in LA being shipped north tomorrow. Only took 5 months. 馃槸

Its been a crazy, crazy ride on lots of stuff being back-logged. Probably going to get worse. I heard hundreds of ships were sitting off LA just waiting weeks to get into the docks for unload.

Weve got covid, the suez canal grounding, Iran/Israel cold war starting to heat up, pirates off Yemen and Somalia.

What else are you having a hard time getting in stock?

Registered
Ordered a Honda 4 wheeler in October, still haven鈥檛 seen it. Might have to bend and settle for electric shift.

Registered
Two and a half months for a made in USA gas cooktop for our kitchen. Over a month for a Grandpa鈥檚 chicken feeder. Seems all sort of things are slow in manufacturing and delivery.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Two and a half months for a made in USA gas cooktop for our kitchen. Over a month for a Grandpa鈥檚 chicken feeder. Seems all sort of things are slow in manufacturing and delivery.
That surprises me that a US factory would be that far behind.

Registered
its super common right now in just about all areas, there are issues across the board with transportation, raw materials, finished goods, lowered capacity due to covid, etc. Best thing to do is order and wait.

(im a supply chain geek).

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
its super common right now in just about all areas, there are issues across the board with transportation, raw materials, finished goods, lowered capacity due to covid, etc. Best thing to do is order and wait.

(im a supply chain geek).
As though i had a choice? 馃榾

Reactions: Johnandhis4x4

Registered
I just bought a new boat, I wanted to put a 300HP main on it, but I was told it could be this fall or even later before they could get a Yamaha DEC300. Strange times...

Registered
That surprises me that a US factory would be that far behind.
Yep. Us manufacturers still use Chinese parts and there really are hundreds of ships waiting to clear customs in LA. Significant delays are the new norm.

Registered
Yep. Us manufacturers still use Chinese parts and there really are hundreds of ships waiting to clear customs in LA. Significant delays are the new norm.
Why so slow to clear customs? I wonder if this is also why you cant find shot gun shells

Registered
It took us 9 months to get a USA made dishwasher

Registered
Just bought a 6500 Honda Gen. Only one in Roseburg and only 2 in Eugene. Shelves are empty of Hondas at 2 dealers and even Sportsman Warehouse.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Just bought a 6500 Honda Gen. Only one in Roseburg and only 2 in Eugene. Shelves are empty of Hondas at 2 dealers and even Sportsman Warehouse.
We had a massive Ice Storm in northern OR... I'm sure generators are pretty scarce in the PNW right now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts