IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always considered a sled to be a Jet boat with a semiflat bottom with or without a windshield. Though after reading other post's some people say a sled cannot have a windshield. What are your opinions?

· Registered
12,221 Posts
Jet sleds scoff at the very idea of a windshield. Phuff! Only wooses use windshields.

Fishing is a manly sport for a manly man. No others need apply.

Though it is nice to have Fin's covered boat sometimes. :rolleyes:

· Registered
10,928 Posts
I guess I've been calling my boat the wrong thing all these years. :wink: And I sure do like that windshield and top when the rain comes through.

· Scallywag
3,215 Posts
This is just an opinion thread. :cheers: I don't know what the true definition of a sled is...I just voiced my personal impression from living in the great Pacific Northwest all my life! :dance: :cheers:

· Registered
2,955 Posts
Thumper,
While you being the tough guy you are :cool: Are out in your boat with your cold weather gear on, with frozen snaught on your upper lip. I will be cuddled up under my top with a mere 75 degree temp. catchin just as many fish as a boat with out a windshield and top. The difference is comfortability in cold weather. Am I stupid and a wuusy????? Or just smart????? Tough ta answer HUH? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

· Registered
12,221 Posts
Originally posted by blacktail519:
Are out in your boat with your cold weather gear on, with frozen snaught on your upper lip
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">"Snaught" is not a word. We do not do "snaught". :hoboy:

There may be a tiny looseness of the nose. But definitely not "snaught".

[ 01-04-2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Thumper ]

· Banned
3,331 Posts
In Alaska snowmobiles and jet boats are called sleds and they don't have to have any certain helm or hull configiration to be considered a sled.

Hence Jet Sled = boat with Jet Pump!

· Registered
824 Posts
Thumper I'am with you. All those girlie boats make me wonder just how many of those skippers use midal instead of aspirin. :grin:
A sled would be an over priced shallow draft jet power replacement for a normal life and or female companionship....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.