IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have four prefence points and would like a decent hunt what unit would you put in for. I was thinking silves unit but I would like to hunt the the foothills in sagebrush. any tips would be great. I am not looking for specific areas just units. I plan on scounting alot since I now have the time.

· Registered
24,205 Posts
my list would have the beatys butte,beulah,whitehorse,with four points, in no particular order.

· Registered
1,416 Posts
I wouldnt waste points on this area, I have been hunting it the last 10 years Elk and deer, and I will not be putting in for it again, it has taken a turn for the worse.
Unless Baltz.. knows something i dont, I would take Beuhla off that list.
Oh yeah I spent 2 weeks during bow season over there and saw one 4 point buck and 1 Forked horn buck and about 5 does, And we covred ALOT of ground.

· Registered
8,641 Posts
I heard a similar thing about Beuhla this year from some guys who hunted over there. They said it was way below what it has been in the past :shrug:

· Registered
1,416 Posts
Good to know guys, I guess My area I hunt is shot, It is a big unit!!
Oh yeah Dad just got back from A hare tag elk hunt there and they didnt see any elk, and very few deer. for a week of hunting.
So it must be our traditional stompin grounds that are void of critters

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.