IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title of this story is deer hunting with a sled. I live in Vernonia so I decide I want to fish Tillamook this weekend. So I get up and head out at O’dark thirty you know so you can find a parking spot. Everything starts out fine I get about halve way between town and Hwy 26 and as I enter a corner I see a doe on the bank. I drive this road all the time so I am used to seeing deer on it. This one decided to turn around and head back from where she came from. I had enough time to get on the breaks and grab the left lane as I saw her head just miss the front fender. I did not feel any bumps or hear anything so I figure I just missed that one. Anyway I continue on my way down to Tillamook. When I get to the launch I am pulling the tie downs off the rear of the boat and find I am having a hard time getting the bungee strap off of the kicker. I went back to the truck and got my flashlight and find that the platform just above the prop is broken. The only thing I can figure because my kicker is on the left side and the deer came in from the right side is she had to go under the trailer and come out the other side. The damage to the motor is minor and I figure I can get it welded so I head out. My plan was to bobber fish for the day. I fish about halve the day with out seeing any action so decide I will try some trolling. I pick up and head down river and fire up my kicker and notice a vibration in it. Anyway I fish the rest of the day with out any luck. So Sunday when it was light I took a look at my prop and find where the paint has been scrapped off the back of my prop so I have to assume the prop has a slight bend in it.

So my question to all of the Ifishers out there does any one know the number of a prop shop in Portland?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts