IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
41,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like there are a gazillion things which converge on the date December 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM. The end of the fourth stage of man, the Sun, Moon, Earth in alignment, end of the Mayan calendar ... people have suggested things such as huge solar flares, world war, the magnetic poles of the earth flipping, and on and on. Seems like a wonderful fantasy ... will it be like the Microsoft Millennium bug, or is there something really going on?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The date is even backwards (december 21......12) I think winter steelhead fishing may be off the shnizzel and there may be an over abundance of some winter chinook too. I believe it is the day after my papas birthday as well. Might just be one heck of a Birthday bash.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Seems like there are a gazillion things which converge on the date December 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM. The end of the fourth stage of man, the Sun, Moon, Earth in alignment, end of the Mayan calendar ... people have suggested things such as huge solar flares, world war, the magnetic poles of the earth flipping, and on and on. Seems like a wonderful fantasy ... will it be like the Microsoft Millennium bug, or is there something really going on?
Millennuim bug was my first thought. What will happen will be caused by the hype, and conjecture brought up by folks. Look for scams, doomsday cult news(ie Heavens Gate), unique services for that day(ie chartered plane flights, hotel deals), upturn in estate planning, ....the list goes on and on.
We will hear more and more about this until December 22, 2012 when the news will drop the topic.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
It's nothing, global warming will kill us all before that JK

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
I plan on sleeping til 10am, maybe do a little last minute Christmas shopping. And I think I'll have lunch at Outback. Oh, and get a pedicure. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
I trust the Mayan calendar much more than any news reporter, computer program (or programmer), or any of the rest of today's society. But, I somehow doubt they could see the future. Besides, our calendar repeats every so many years, what says theirs couldn't behave similarly???

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
This is gonna be a good one? :smash:Better prop my feet up and get comfy as events unfold that day and as we conjecture here on this post. Good post Pete! :dance: :cheers:
Pass the popcorn please?:lurk:

·
Banned
1,300 Posts
I think the Mayans just ran out of room on the rock and figured they could make a new calendar when the time came. I suspect Christmas will most likely come in 2012 and we'll have to invent some new source of anxiety. [political commentary suppressed!!]

·
Registered
13,613 Posts
I am gonna go kill ducks.

·
Registered
906 Posts
You guys haven't heard? On that day, the very earth will shake to its core. Mountains will crumble, huge tidal surges will swamp most of the worlds perimeters as the oceans rise by 50' or more due to massive plate shifts. As Jupiters aligns with Saturn and Mars, the gravitational pulls will rip the earth from its current path around the Sun, and massive temperature changes will cause most of the world to freeze. All those who did not heed the warnings of the guy on the corner with the cardboard sign saying "The world is coming to an end", will not have a pleasant day. Although I often wonder.....where do all the guys with the cardboard sign go when the world does come to an end?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hopefully I will have my time machine built by then so I don't have to worry about it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts