IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you had a change of heart with dealing with stores that you would not use before the shortages started or have you changed you mind and just buy the stuff from them anyway.
no need to name the stores. But the type of store would be good. Like tire , food, or what ever.

·
Premium Member
18,914 Posts
DQ lost my business when it jacked up it's overpriced stuff by an additional 40% overnight. I've noticed fewer cars in the drive through since.

·
Registered
340 Posts
When Oregon almost doubled nonresident fishing license and the works years ago l continued to buy non resident Washington for about half of the cost and do a couple day lic in Ore.
Then Covid hit and Washington wouldn't sell me a license at all although l have a place on the Washington coast.
So its back to buying Oregon again.

Was a Oregon resident for over 20 years before l made the (trailblazing) move to ldaho 32 years ago. Unfortunately Spudaho doesn't have a ocean and l have a little salt water addiction l developed in my youth.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I’m never going back to Victoria’s Secret. I thought they looked at me funny when I asked to try some lingerie on. C’mon…Sportsman’s Warehouse never does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Bed Bath and Beyond, Subway, Fred Meyers and Dicks Sporting Goods are just a few on my do not patronize list. One business I once vowed to avoid but has since earned at least some consideration is Wal-Mart now that they have started to treat employees more fairly. I more often than not try to find the small business owners first that carry a product I'm interested in even if I pay a little more.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Ninkasi brewery, Patagonia, Wal mart, dicks, Starbucks, just to name a few. Sportsmans would be on the list ever since bass pro took them over, but where else can I go to get fishing stuff? Other places I have never shopped at, and probably never will.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I won't be using AT&T and Farmers insurance anymore. And yes they have excellent phone service and excellent insurance coverage.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I swallow my pride and buy what's at the best available price. And best available product.
My morals and ethics are stretched thin enough that there are times you just have to do what you have to do.
Plenty more important things to worry about than other peoples politics.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I moved my checking / savings from an old large bank known for fraud and scandal. If they ever call and ask me why I left, I will just tell them that it is because they got rid of their coin counting machines. That will save the caller from having to apologize for the unethical business practices their employer has engaged in.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'll add Uber, Walgreens and even Anheuser-Busch to that list.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Nope,I won't deal with any vendor or corporations that have peeved me off or I do not care for their values or procedures, no matter the cost.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Reactions: dirtman

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Geico. I recently tried at add my FIL to my policy and we were shocked at how much it would add to my 6 month bill. That made me look around to other insurance companies. I ended up going with another well known agency and am now saving HUNDREDS a month. Geico also was severely under insuring my house. When I called to cancel, an agent said they could lower my payments and still give same coverages. I immediately got mad and asked them, "why does it take me leaving for you to offer better rates!?" That made me want to leave even worse. Such crooks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Bimart. I used to live there. Now I only go if I'm very desperate. Rather go to Coastal Farm and Ranch or Sportsman's.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39,307 Posts
My list is pretty much covered here. It's not that I won't go in the stores or purchase products (Nike), it's more that I just don't shop there and I don't like clothing with logos (Nike). The workplace culture at Nike seems odd but all clothing/shoe companies are like that. I will go in some of the stores listed if I think it's the only place I might get what I want, (Wal-Mart etc.). Funny thing about clothing logos... I sure have a lot of stuff that says Columbia or is sold at Columbia employees store. We dumped Wells Fargo after many years of banking with them. I like Coastal, they sell Wranglers..... and guns... and dog stuff. Wish I could find someplace closer that carries Wranglers. Starbucks seems like a terrible waste of $$'s.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Cabela's after they hosed me on a pair of hunting pants gifted to me that were a couple sizes too big. I'll just do my best to shrink them in the wash or get fat.

·
Premium Member
18,914 Posts
Geico. I recently tried at add my FIL to my policy and we were shocked at how much it would add to my 6 month bill. That made me look around to other insurance companies. I ended up going with another well known agency and am now saving HUNDREDS a month. Geico also was severely under insuring my house. When I called to cancel, an agent said they could lower my payments and still give same coverages. I immediately got mad and asked them, "why does it take me leaving for you to offer better rates!?" That made me want to leave even worse. Such crooks.
There's a reason they chose a lizard for their spokesperson.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts