IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not talking down by the mouth. I went up to Eagle creek w/ my girlfriend last night and hiked down to the mouth (wow has that changed) anyhow we were dinking around and we hiked upstream on the clack and at the head of that big tailout I see a fish belly up. We drop down on the little bar there and I wade out. First thing I see is the mouth w/ some whiskers? I am thinking that has to be the biggest chub, no wait. Three feet of sturgeon, what the? :shocked: My girlfriend thinks it swam up there, I think it was dumped.
Anyone ever hear or see such a thing? I did have a friend say he saw a 20incher laying on the bank at farraday once, but I wasn't there.

[ 09-05-2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Luckybill ]

·
Registered
344 Posts
On a related issue, My son and I on several occasions have caught shaker Sturgeon that have had several wraps of Mono line wrapped around their gill plates. I always wonder if they are rolling in loose line on the bottom of the river or if someone is catching them and purposly wrapping the line around the fish. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I grew up in Milwaukie. Drifted the Clack for almost 20 years. I have seen larger gators in the holes above Carver! Grew up above N. Clackamas park. The creek the runs through the park eventually dumped into the willamette. Use to fish it in the spring and have hooked little shakers in there! ODFW came through after they caught wind of this and netted 6 more! Those old fish can pretty much cruise anywhere there is water. The Clackamas ties right into the Willamette.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Caught one on a diver and bait years ago drifting down from McIver. 38" so I tagged it. That was when a keeper was 36" to 72" I haven't caught one in there since then.

Rauly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts