IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use it? Can you get to the Willamette from there? How far to the Will. Or is it easier to just put in at Wheatland?

ors

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I put in at Dayton about 4 times this summer while searching for the illusive smallies. It is very much easier just to go to wheatland as there are many deadheads and snags lurking in that part of the Yamhill. When water levels are low the Dayton ramp has a nasty drop off that can hang up a boat trailer. :depressed:

Before it was closed, Grand Island had a so-so ramp that allowed easy access to the Willamette but the Department of Transportation closed it to vehicle traffic and now that area is an ODFW supported bird hunting area. :cheers:

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Ditto, stay away from my ramp! :wink:

It's a real kick to run the Yamhill on up when the river is high. I've talked to a few people who'd like to make an attempt at getting clear up to Willamina when the water is up, but there are some mighty nasty log jams that would prevent it, methinks.

TR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts