IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow I am on quite a streak here… no not the fish even though that is nice, I am talking about all the great people I am meeting with these open seats! :cheers: I had a great time today meeting Julie (Sillyolgirl) and Geoff (weekend warrior).

We were out on the water just as the tide was starting to run and we had to wait a whole hour before the fish started biting, but once they did they did not stop! :dance:

We ended up boating 6 fish and kept 5. Julie landed a monster Tule hen that must have went 35lbs or so but we let her swim free! We also had another good 4-5 bites that did not stick and another 6 or so drive-bys!

Julie and Geoff worked the boat flawlessly as we landed the fish! Julie great job on the net you looked like a pro, no need to worry you have it down pat! They also caught on quick to get out of the way fast when this buffalo gets a bite and starts rumbling down the alley towards my pole! :shocked:

Here is a pic Julie with the fish she kept for the day!

How about these two chromers for Geoff!

And finally a group pic to top it off!

Ya gotta love this time of year, I just loaded the smoker with another load of fish, the fishing is great and to top it off I am meeting a ton of new Ifish buddies! :grin:

My daughter just asked what’s for dinner… here’s a hint! Gotta go BBQ!

·
Registered
17,002 Posts
Hey, congratulations to you all on the tremendous success :cheers: , beautiful fish and nice pics! You've really got it dialed-in Shane,

·
Registered
354 Posts
WOW!!!
:bowdown:
Looks :bowdown: like you are on an exceptionly good roll!!
:cool: :cool:
You must be doing something right :wink:

·
Ray S.
900 Posts
Great day! Way to go. Excellent job Skipper... Looks like you maybe a tailgate filet man. I've been accused of that too.
Keep gettin em.
Ray S.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Shane thanks again for a beautiful day on the water. It was a blast!! Except for the arm muscle that I pulled yesterday, while wrangling a 33#er, with Fish Thumper hurts even worse today after that Tulie. However, I can't think of a better way to pull a muscle.. :grin:

hmmmm..
Tulie....Julie.... hmmm... wonder if I need to go by another name or something :whazzup: :shrug:

Anyway, if you ever feel like having a dumb old girl on your boat, think of me :smile: :dance: Thanks for the great day, and the tips on the carrot juice!! :cool:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Killertraylor went 3 for 11 :mad: but the 3 we landed were all bright. Biggest was 23 and we had a 19 and a 12. Sorry I couldn't get you on the radio, Dustin - I forgot that I blew a fuse for the radio at buoy 10 and forgot to put some on the boat. I need to get your cel number!

We had several fish that were on and peeling line but didn't start hooking them good until Shane told us to loosen the drags significantly - great tip, Shane - we went 3 for 3 with 2 drivebys after that.

I think a few of my Melvins finally grew into Alvins :dance:

Did you limit, Dustin?

[ 09-10-2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Killertraylor ]

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Just ended up with the 1 22# buck it was crome but didn't cut real pink. I did a little scouting and move a lot looking at some new water. I should have had my limit but missed a good grab while my eyes were closed, woke up just intime to see the rod pounding but missed it. Must be a good spot if your melvins can catch fish :grin: :wink: cell# 503-330-4016

[ 09-10-2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: fish_on ]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Shane,
I got to thank you again for the great day fishing. It almost looked like we new what we were doing out there(Julie & I). Luckily that carrot milk came thru like a champ. :dance: Your a great guy to fish with and you definatley know how to put people onto fish. :bowdown: It was also nice meetin' you Julie(sillygirl), your a seasoned pro with that net now. Great job on that monster TUUUUULLLEEEE. :wink:

For anyone fishing with 5-cent this week. Watch out for this guy when there is a pound down, otherwise you might become one with the engine cover. :shocked:

Fishnxtc, wish you could of joined us it would of been nice to meet you. PS good luck putting in your new counter and floor. :grin:

All in all it's one of the best and most relaxing days I've had fishing and I hope I'm fortunate enough to get a shot to be on your boat again sometime Shane. :cheers:

Thanks again
Later Geoff

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Originally posted by justasillyolgirl:

Thanks for the great day, and the tips on the carrot juice!! :cool:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">WHAT!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Killertraylor,
It was nice seeing you again. Glad you clould squeeze into the hogline next to us and get a couple of fish.Your boat and ours(Shanes) didn't do to bad considering how all they other guys in our huge hogline did. :laugh: Congrats to you guys on the chromers.

Later Geoff

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Shane good job. All these people are having such a good time and getting to get fish. I think that is grate.

We will see you tomorrow at the marina in the morning.
st

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Thanks, Geoff - it was great sitting next to you and having you show us how it's done - those are two great fish you ended up with!

Usually Shane tosses me a bottle of carrot milk :shocked: , but with all those other boats around today he was worried about it falling in the water and someone else retrieving it.

Seriously though, that double we had was really cool!

Beware of rumbling Buffalo....

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Carrot Brothers... dont fret no secrets were given out I just let them use vial 6573 with a shot of 1265-A to sweeten things up for those fall kings. :dance: I still am trying to figure out why the Tule wanted to grab the lure, we need to rework the ------- a little so those Tules will keep leaving us alone! :wink:

Bobby I wore the new hat all darn day, I even have some nice blood on it! :shocked: :grin:

Joe you have to leave those drags loose and let them sing buddy! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Do you still have the vial 6573 without 1265-A because that really never works for me. I like mine just plain 6573 the original mixture..........Chris Thank for sharing :dance:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts