IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my first day report taking some Ifishers out.

I hooked up with All4TheNookie and Rainrshine to take them out in pursuit of the elusive URB! Along the way to the launch I noticed this crusty looking dude holding one of those signs on the side of the road... well low and behold it was another Ifisher, Clownmouth so I asked him along too!

As it turned out he just sat around and drank all my beer? He did donate a specail looking Alvin to the cause though! Thanks Thomas!

Fishing was pretty good. Russ had his pole ready to go and was bouncing back before I could tie my leader up and in about 2 minutes there was a SHABAMALAM... FISH ON!

Now that was convienant, because no one else was even out yet so we did not have to reel up! One nook in the box! Ok back to tying up, Russ bounces back out... as I am tying on my dropper line there is a little twitch on Russ's rod and then... SHABAMALAMO... FISH ON! #2 in the box for Russ and he just laid around the rest of the day with Thomas and drank beer!

Way to go Russ here he is with his two URB's!

Ok well I finally got my gear down and then Thomas, you know I will work 4... got a pound down... after an awesome fight this URS (Up River Squaw) came to the net... I guess it could be food!

Finally it was my turn for a SHABAMALAM and I got this nice little URB hen in the boat!

Chris (All4TheNookie) had a few pound downs that did not stick due to the dreded Yardskins Disease and Clown had one he was oblivous to... what else is new! All in all a great day with some old Ifish friends and some new ones. Chris it was real nice meeting you and you are welcome back on the water in my boat any time!

Now for the details, fished 52 feet of water in the St. Helens area. The hot color was a blue tipped Alvin with some carrot milk.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Shane, Thanks for the ride today it was a great day to be on the water. I'm not sure if I like SHABAMALAM or SHA-ALABAMA-SLAMA :wink: Either way there was alot of SLAMA going on :cheers: Good luck on the rest of your open seat days I am sure we will see more pics from the TAJ!!

Rainrshine :cheers:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Shane, it was really nice of you to take some of your fellow I fishers out today,"especially the homeless guy" although he looked pretty happy with that UR-squaw!Those pics are priceless!! :laugh: What happened to "XTC/Mad Dog"Did ya have to put him to sleep? :tongue:

·
Registered
327 Posts
well it looked like clown was simply clowning around....what a shocker..sincerely droughting in colorado steve....PS...STILL HOPING FOR MY CARE PACKAGE OF SMOKED SALMON BOYS.....

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
That's what I-fish seems to be all about! :dance:

Nice job guys and congrats.
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Way to go Shane. Those are four well three very nice ones. Keep it up.

Are you going to fish tomorrow?
st

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I have family things to take care of Friday-Sunday but will be back out Monday-Friday next week! :dance:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Love the sign but it should read " will work to drought"

Nice job out there fellas......I hope all the eggs are going to the TCM egg depository.

Bobby

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
Nice story, and good pics (well, mostly; that first one of the 'sign Dude' is kinda unsettling). :wink:

Thanks for spending time with your family and staying off the water this weekend, thereby giving us less-talented fishers a better opportunity of catching something. :bowdown:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Good story , good pics. Are you not doing the b-10 thing on your time off?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Good story and great pictures!
Pictures worth a thousand words.
I would like to offer Thomas a beer as well.
Is he collecting bounty money on that URS
(up river Squaw)?

[ 09-04-2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: will_e_fish ]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bobby, We got 14 pounds of eggs from that ursquaw!!!!! Yu wantum????? :grin:

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Up-River-Squaw :laugh: Hey clown, you're gonna have to teach us all the technique to hauling in those things :grin: Nice fish boys, keep those pics coming! :bowdown:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Nice fish Russ & Shane :dance:

I think I've seen that guy holding signs at several boat ramps this year :wink: :laugh: :laugh:

But the sign read " Why lie, I need a fish" :tongue:

Chris

·
Registered
153 Posts
shane, thanks for a great day!! way to put us on the URS's. ill definitly take you up on a day on the john day. great to meet you tom and russ. i-fishers i have met (well, all four of them) are some of the nicest most generous people alive. makes me want to call in sick and make the 5 hour drive for next weeks hogline. the fish are starting to show up in my neck of the woods i guess i can wait another week for the URB's to start showing up in numbers on the reach. in the mean time ill be passed out from heat stroke (it was so much nicer over pdx way).

keep em slicked back,

chris.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts