IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out Davids post. My wife and I were with him on the 25th and yes, it was a spectacular day :dance: .

I've been out with David several times and cannot recommened him enough. I know there are alot of good guides out there but my vote goes to David :cheers: .

Alot of fish
Good company
learned alot

Hope you enjoyed the sun from central Oregon David.

See ya next time

Chris

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've been out with Dave several times as well. He is always on fish and is a great guy to spend the day with. Looking forward to my next trip him in September. :smile:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yep -- David Johnson is a top notch guide, active ifish member, and really knows how to put his clients into fish. Here's another picture testimonial from August 27th.

Details for inquiring minds ---

My brother and I met two other good fisherman (Fisherman87 and his Dad Larry) and had a ball. The weather was mixed, a little clouds, a little rain, a little sun, and a little too much afternoon wind.
Fished with herring (and the secret DJ brine :wink: ) for the most part at between 14 to 25 pulls, and a Tillamook style spinner for one of the big 'nooks. Fished by all the secret spots :laugh: -- out in front of Chinook, Wa, by Hammond, and up by the bridge. We caught fish in all places. The older gentleman in the picture (Larry, in camo on the left) had the hot rod -- and handed off nicely after he was finished. David had the crew limited by noon, The bite slowed down in the early afternoon, and it took us until about 2:30 pm to get David's limit.

Overall, a beautiful day, a great captain and crew, and a boatload of limits! I'd rate the experience a 10!
:cheers:
Blind Squirrel

p.s. One of the coho we caught went 16 pounds after gutting - what a pig!

p.p.s My rod was a little slow that day, even with my always lucky "Campbell's Cream of Sea Lion Soup" T-shirt. I'm a little reluctant to say so here -- but once I took off my new Ifish hat -- I started catching fish on my rod - coincidence??

http://www.ifish.net/uploads/240010239.jpg

[ 08-28-2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Blind Squirel ]

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Thank you all very much.

We've had some great fishing every day this week and it's having a crew like you people that makes for some great days.

The fish helped out too :dance:

And today we limited out again :cool:

[ 08-28-2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: David Johnson ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts