IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased 3 Daiwa reels at a garage sale last week. Have been able to find little information on them. Two are 600M series and the other is a 6MN series reel. Appear to be in excellent shape with very little wear and tear. Drags work perfectly. Anyone able to give me any information/background on their experiences with these reels? Was thinking of springers/silvers, appear to be a little light for URB's. :cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT

·
Registered
876 Posts
I still use(at times) a Millionaire 5H series that's from the mid 70's and have caught many Chinook on it.Good,solid reels.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I HAVE 2 EATHER 5H OR 6H CANT REMEMBER, BUT I USEING 1 OF THEM THIS WEEKEND FOR NOOK FISHEN
Mine are the Millonair crome/gold
and I havent hade to do any thing to them, clean and oil and FISH.
I here they are comptable to a 6500.???????????
I like mine, RIVER-RAT.

·
Registered
301 Posts
They are great reels, but they take for ever to "break in!!" I have fished with it 12 times and still have not had a bite! It could just be me??? So finally on the thirteenth trip, I switch reels and used my Calcutta... Low and behold, I hook a salmon. Other than being skunked, the reel is easy to cast and the drag seems smooth, I think???

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
The older Millionaires were basically copies of the Ambassadeur reels, and were OK in quality. The CVZ series came out about 5 years ago and they are the Rolls Royce of baitcasters. 6 BBs, 7-disc Teflon drags, etc. My CVZ-253 is my best reel by far, superior in every way to my Calcuttas.

There are Millionaires, and then there are Millionaires. Totally different quality and performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts