IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the old man and a friend out to the river today in search of more willing steelhead to catch. He has caught more steelhead than I could ever hope to catch in a lifetime but never on a bobber and jig. Well I forced the bobber rod in his hands all day and he got not one but 3 on a jig today.............

First......Nice Nate.....

Second....Nice Broodstock....

Third.....Little Nate.....

We got this beauty on a plug.......

These are the two we kept.........

Today was great.........5 for 5 , 4 of which came on First Cast Jigs , following a banner day of 8 for 11 with Dad on Saturday. All those were on plugs.....go figure. Thanks dad for a great couple of days on the creek and I'm looking forward to the next trip.... :cheers:

Thanks also Dano, enjoyed your company today....

John

Oh yeah dont mind the dates.......thats what happens when camera meets water..... :mad:

[ 04-16-2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Fishin Magician ]

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
Ahh,

The serenity of a steelhead stream. Quite a different show from the springer circus. Nice report. Enjoy fishin with your Dad.

Thanks

GRB

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
John to be able to go steelhead fishing with your Dad is great. That looks like a purple/cerise jig in the first pic. Nice fish.

Mark

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two on kingfisher blue/pink, one on purple and cerise ,and one on beaded pink/white. The first fish was way upper teens but the camera wouldnt turn on ,so it got released with no picture.

I was thinking about the world around us, and how fast it moves. We get caught up in the ratrace and lots of times we dont take time to do the things that are the most important to us. I love going fishing with my dad , it is something that is very important to me. Every chance I get, I cherish the time and the conversation.

John

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
rola76

For winter steelhead fish your jigs under a fixed float a couple feet off of the bottom.

I have several how to tips on my website. Click on the signature on the bottom of my post.

Mark

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey steve.......It resembles the boat you have....... :grin:

Give me a call, I'd like to do some springer fishing in the next few weeks.

John

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
FM-

Looks like your still whacking a quite few over there. 8 for 11, that's a great day. :bowdown: , and a follow up of 5 for 5 ain't too shabby either :dance:

I think I'm gonna head over that way myself this weekend, just a little further south is all.

Lookout big bad steelies, here I come

See ya on the water or the baitshop :wink: ,
Chris :cool:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chris I think that I am going to be there on Saturday and Sunday. Do you have clients both days? Let me know what you are doing ,I'd like to meet you.

John

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
John-

Neither of the days are clients, and if it's good, I'll stick around Sunday too.

I'm thinking more of sneaking into Marty's neck of the woods actually, although I kinda want to check out the area your pics are from.Hmmmm....decisions,maybe a day on each :shrug:

Say hi if you see me around. I'll be in one baitshop or another bright and early Saturday.

Chris :cool:

[ 04-17-2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: FWF1 ]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts