IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

since i got a pretty good skunk going on here i'm forced to buy precured eggs. My question is, does anybody have any sugestions for additional prep or added scents so i can get rid of this skunk? I'm using em' at the willamette and for steelhead on the clack.

thax!

chris

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Switch to sandshrimp or #14 pearl pink corkie with yarn. Those eggs will catch fish if a feeding frenzy occurs but not very reliable :smile: . Try using dime size baits with a drop or two of ANISE.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have been told you might as well not fish with bait. I used those eggs for a few years, final result. Fish with something else or order some Amerman eggs.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I fished D&G eggs when I was just up here and didn't know any better. I think I caught 1 fish in two seasons using them for Coho. If you don't cure your own. I'd recommend you take the D&G egss, throw them in the trash, and click on the link at the bottom of this page that says amerman eggs. They're the best commercial cured eggs I've ever seen. And they'll ship to you.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
click Here use quater size chunks underneath a small pink pearl corkie on the rivers and use 3inch big bait bobber fishin in the fall :smile:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
D&G, let's see that stands for D..... & G....., I better not say it!! :grin: Well, maybe one.

Don't buy them & Get something else.

Save your money.

Green Machine

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If you can't get any good eggs, use corkie, yarn and scent. Or try some worms of the plastic variety. Do a search on the pink worms if interested. Lots of people can catch fish without eggs. Especially on the Clackamas. It's different than the coastal rivers where eggs are so important.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
But good eggs are available: A-M-E-R-M-A-N-S, there I spelled it out for you. Yeah, they cost more. What is it worth to know the eggs will catch fish?

Try a "search" on Amerman's Eggs. Plenty of testimonial info available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts