IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brackets have changed in the photo contest, and the bugling bull isn't in the next round. :(

Oh well, we'll just have to set the bar a little this year! :) Thanks to everyone for your support.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, I really thought your pic would go a long way in the contest. Like you said, raise the bar, which I know you are going to do. Good luck and keep the photos coming. :cheers:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sorry to hear your photo didn't make the next go round. I think it's an awesome photo, their loss not yours.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Bummer. I was looking forward to hearing your whitetail hunt story. The moose definetly did not have anything on your elk. Congrats on making the list of competitors.:applause::applause::applause:

Rauly

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Hmmm! That stung me when read your post:frown: I can just imagine what you felt??????? Sorry bud!

·
Registered
315 Posts
i have a new desktop background!!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That moose picture really isn't that good.. Im not sure what peole were thinking there. O well I voted for ya!!

·
Registered
10,812 Posts
That moose picture really isn't that good.. Im not sure what peole were thinking there. O well I voted for ya!!
I agree 100%...a moose just standing there vs. a rutting, muddy, bugling bull!!! No contest IMO!! Good run though SP :cheers:

-jokester

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have to say I liked the moose just because it was a goood pic to show how big thoes critters really are....BUT...It was not a pic to inter in contest, in my opinion, there was no captavation of the pic, Now the Elk on the other hand, showed what takes place during a very important time of a elk,s life..and I am supprise this pic was not ask to be put on some Archery mag front cover, or the front cover of next years Oregon hunting regulations.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just checked the winning margin, i gotta say that I thought it would have been a lot closer than what it was 78%-22%. those east coast guys are stupid.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I am shocked.

It was probably a bunch of eastern whitetail hunters that didn't understand the relevance of that "dirty ol elk." I still think your picture is the best ever!

Eric

·
Premium Member
6,263 Posts
Ubelievable.....photo quality, clarity, composition, action, interesting, difficulty......you're bugling bull pic excelled in every detail over that moose pic, really a shame. The elk picture really deserved a much higher placing.

better luck next time,

Gregg

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Ron I know what happens next from my experience in the waterfowl industry: "sorry your photo didn't win, but we'd like to use it in one of our ads, though". (for free ofcourse- he he). You're the winner in my book- we don't care about no stinking moose! Dave (btw: you will NOT believe what I stumbled across while scouting yesterday...........)

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Ron I know what happens next from my experience in the waterfowl industry: "sorry your photo didn't win, but we'd like to use it in one of our ads, though". (for free ofcourse- he he). You're the winner in my book- we don't care about no stinking moose! Dave (btw: you will NOT believe what I stumbled across while scouting yesterday...........)
That's exactly what will happen. I entered one of my pictures in the CamTrakker photo contest a few years ago. I got an 8th place prize. There were something like 50 "8th place" winners, so I was waaaay down the list. The next year my picture is in their brochure. Total ripoff.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
You had My vote! What were they thinking?
Oh! never mind Easterners:frown:
I will look for that Picture on the cover of a future publication somewhere. You deserve it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Doesn't wapiti mean "white rumped"? Seems them boys on the other side could have made the connection;)

Just gives us "Western" Cudde-boys more reason to make things right next go-round.

Ras

1 - 20 of 23 Posts