IFish Fishing Forum banner

Crocodile

731 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Paddlefish 
#1 ·
Hey, I got a bunch of stuff willed to me and a freind is going to Canada, to fish saltwater,for salmon. I gave him hoochies and Alvins, but I had this like four inch long LJ Crocodile silver with the reflector tape on it. Were these things a fad, or do they work on salmon?

#2 ·
Are you talking about a Luhr Jensen Krocodile spoon? If you are, they are a secret weapon.....shhhhhhh. I doctor mine up with green or blue prism tape & use the big ones -I think they 1oz. or 1-1/4oz about 4 inches long.
In fact i had to go to 3 different tackle stores to buy 3 new ones last week.

Full Freezer

#4 ·
Ok. I'll let on. I use them at B10. :shocked: The water is flowin' by fast & because they are heavy, the spoon action isn't that fast. I've caught limits of Kings & Coho in less than a 1/2hr. No need to rebait. In fact I have one vivid memory of a day my buddy limited out before I could get my pole in the water!
I was "net boy" & chauffer the whole time. As soon as he could free the hook - pop! he had his stuff back in the water leaving me to deal with the motor, net & fish. By the time I had placed my gear in the water... Pop! He had another fish. :hoboy: The good news is after he had limited, I did the same in about an 1/2hr. :dance: They also work real well in the ocean, trolling as you would with coyote spoons. You can also jig them.

I swap out the stock hooks with 1/0 or 2/0 Owner Needle points trebles or Gami Siwash and place blue, green, or flash prism tape on them.

I'm stocked up with freshies & ready to go. :grin: Can't wait.

Full Freezer

#7 ·
When I lived in Alaska my favorite was the Chrome/Blue. It was deadly on the Coho. The best lure I ever used up there. The pinks and the chum whould hit them as well. Change colors and size if it seems a bit slow. They always out fished bait in the salt water and tidal areas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.