IFish.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing this weekend up to Crescent Lake.We caught a total of 67 pounds of trout between both of us.The largest was my fishing partners Bret Martin 23 pound Mackinaw.Just over 36 inches.We had high winds,big waves and snow today.But we still had a great time. :dance:

Registered
Nice lookin' Mac. I have been wanting to give them a try. Have heard trolling BIG Rapala's deep is the trick. What kind of set up were you guys using?

Joe

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
We were using downriggers set between 75-140ft in 200 feet of water out in front of the summer homes.Send me a email if you want a link to the lure we were using.It was snowing pretty hard and you might want to call first to see if the gate will be open to the public boat ramp.

Registered
That's a nice Mac. You guys are definitely not fair-weather fisherman (I noticed the red fingers right off). Congrats and nice pic. :cheers:

Registered
awesome!
I miss the high mt lakes! :depressed:
Looks CCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD

Thanks for sharing!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
After this photo we put it back.Been told they don't eat good anyway.

Registered
Jimmy,

Fantastic man! Thanks for the great photo. I fish for them at Odell Lake in the spring. Did it put up a better fight than it would in the spring? 'Just curious.

Thanks,

:tongue: Yes I Am

Registered
I smoked the first one I ever caught at Odell. It was very soft flesh, fatty and greasy. Subsequent fish have been released.

Nice fish guys!

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
This fish put up a great fight,but we had a few fish that did not fight much for there size.Coop, the lake is on Hwy 58 on top of Willamette pass just a few miles east of Odell Lake.For us at Crescent lake we average 6-10 pounds with one over 10 pounds each trip.We usually fish for Brown Trout and spend are time during the day fishing for Mac's.I was up there for a small fishing tournament with 5 boats on Saturday and only caught small brown .The nice thing is that fishing was slow and nobody else caught another brown so I won a $100 bucks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts