IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
red ride,
I bet there is a thermocline starting to develope and they've moved into deeper water. The one day nobody was catching them in the usual spot, I went out to the very middle of the lake and found them deeper down. Nobody else out there. Not sure if you trolled the whole lake or not. I've found it's not just a depth thing, but that they may be at the same depth, but over deeper water.
Just a thought. I'd love to get over there again, it's a blast when the fish are cooperative.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Fished Crescent two wekends ago and we couldn't keep them off the hook. Last weekend the only thing hot was the weather. Couldn't locate the big schools like before. Went out in the middle where most of the boats were but screen was blank there also. When I took out a guy said they were stacked up by the twin beaches?? on the east end of the lake. The few fish we did get were fat 15" Can't make it this weekend but would love to hear a report from those of you that go.

·
Registered
802 Posts
We fished Crescent Lake yesterday (Wed) and got skunked. We didn't even see anyone land a fish. Had a couple on but lost them. Saw one other boat flagging the net around but then put it away without netting a fish. When we pulled out we talked with a couple that fished there the week before and got limits everyday. But they hadn't got anything this week either. Considered stopping at Odell on the way home but the white caps changed our minds.

Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
FISHED IT TWO WEEKS AGO AND LIMITED BOTH DAYS. FISHED LAST WEEKEND AND GOT SKUNKED. FOUND A COUPLE OF SCHOOLS OFF SIMAX BEACH, BUT WOULDN'T BITE. SPRING CAMPGROUND WAS HOT TWO WEEKS AGO, BUT COULDN'T EVEN FIND A SCHOOL LAST WEEKEND. GOING TO SPEND THE WEEKEND THERE AND POUND ON EM ALL WEEKEND.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Ya shudda stopped. Just got off the phone with a buddy who fished it last night with his son. They started fishing around 3:30 and finished at dark with 25 fish and easily that many lost. I think they were wind drifting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts