IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the last 4 days at CP. The fishing was very slow. I've been fishing CP since the early 80's and can't remember a year like this one. We camped along the lake, finding a spot was no problem. Fished in the trees out in front of Quinn river campground. We tried bugs, power bait and worms. Worms worked the best under the bobber. We trolled with nothing to show. We did ok in the trees but fishing from the bank in front of camp was the best. Green power bait was the hot bait. The weather could have something to do with the fishing. High pressure, low pressure, I don't know. We had a handful of boats around us who had the same results. Dozen fish for 3.5 days and 4 guys fishing. We will be back next year, but going at the end of May.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Thanks for the report. We'll be there Memorial Day weekend. Typically we do very well that weekend. Hope things improve.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Hit the lake thur-sat
Put in a lot of hours with only 4 fish - 1 hatch, 2 nate and a LMB. I refuse to use powerbait but was with others that did and they caught even less. Maybe 6 fish total for the rest of the group which was 8-10 guys. Balanced leeches and green jigs were all I get get them to hit- lost a few others but all in all darn slow.
20-30 fish days of just a few years ago appear to be over.............

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yep. Trolled for kokes Sunday,Monday & today. Rain & blow after AM glass first two. Sunday skunk. Monday 3 trout. Tues....koke limit by 8 AM, no clouds, rain heavy fog. Fog lifted at 9, bite was over. Guess the weather change made the difference.
I’ve fished for trout there but not Kokanee. We usually fish for trout out of Quinn with power bait anchored. How are you latching Kokanee there? Trolling?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I’ve fished for trout there but not Kokanee. We usually fish for trout out of Quinn with power bait anchored. How are you latching Kokanee there? Trolling?
Sunday 6/5 report.

This was caught on the troll. 1.3 mph. My landing rate on this class of fish? 1:3. Size? 2.91#

Fed three of us at Odell Monday night. Blackened marinade on the grill. Top 10 fish dinner.

Sorry about the fish pic - was solo and not very pic savvy.

Food Ingredient Tableware Cuisine Dish

Vertebrate Salmon-like fish Water Fish Fisherman

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Thats a great Koke. Nice work and thanks for the pic. Eat em up now, as that lake warms going into summer the kokes, if you can find them, will really take on a muddy/off taste.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'll be there Saturday-Monday, will post a report when we get back (y) I'm fairly new to fly fishing, really hoping I can get some action on it this weekend

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
We ended up with 3 nice rainbows and one bass, the wind was howling pretty good on Sunday and Monday morning, made for some tough fly fishing. Overall, pretty wet and cold weekend

1 - 20 of 33 Posts