IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's early, but I want to take the kids crabbing. Are their any good spot in Astoria to go. T Bay is also an option. Also, is anyone fishing for Salmon in astoria? I know Gov't island is the most popular, but we want to fish while crabbing. If not we will go for some gators and release.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Someone went out in the Columbia estuary last weekend and did so well they were able to throw back a few small keppers because the crabbinb was so well.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hey Fishchaser, that was probably me. We caught 48 crab in less than 2 1/2 hrs and had to toss nearly a dozen because of lack of people on board. No monsters but the crab were full of meat and very sweet.

Kingfisher, go to Astoria with confidence as long as you have good bait. Crab only during the last hour of incoming through the slack. As soon as the tide turns out pick up your gear and split, you'll just waste your time on the outgoing. Dont crab in less than 20 feet either if possible. Good luck.

·
Registered
958 Posts
We got 20 keepers in Tillamook bay last saturday crabbing next to the south jetty accros from Lysters. :cheers:

Nothing like the 3 C's: fresh COHO, fresh CRAB, AND COLD BEER :dance:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts