IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of some crabbing for the family tomorrow... anyone with reports??? netarts and newport seem to have good numbers in the past few weeks. Any expereince recently????

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I know its a late so I hope you get this.

Went out of Hammond yesterday. Used old herring, chicken and a salmon carcass, all smeared with crab smelly jelly. 5 traps pulled three times. 36 keepers. Actually pulled about a gazillion crab. Culled the softies and smallies for 3 limits of full, hard shelled, large crab. Crabbed near B22. When we got there the current was running HARD, so dropped pots in 8-10 feet of water close to shore. When the tide got closer to slack, we moved closer to the bouy. Total time on the water was three hours

Have fun. I think no matter where you go this time of year, you'll get crab. I like Netarts, its easy crabbing this time of year. hammond was closer to home for a afternoon session. And - bonus, it was a beautiful day

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wannacatchem thanks for the post... yes I'm up waiting for ifishers to respond... Hammond... hmmm only about 1.25hr drive for me (forest grove). I can make the cocktail you speak of for them crabs... darn, now you threw 3rd option/location in for crabbing... :jester:

·
Registered
307 Posts
You think the weather will be good enough tomorrow? I'm planning on heading to Hammond.
Thanks
Garv

I know its a late so I hope you get this.

Went out of Hammond yesterday. Used old herring, chicken and a salmon carcass, all smeared with crab smelly jelly. 5 traps pulled three times. 36 keepers. Actually pulled about a gazillion crab. Culled the softies and smallies for 3 limits of full, hard shelled, large crab. Crabbed near B22. When we got there the current was running HARD, so dropped pots in 8-10 feet of water close to shore. When the tide got closer to slack, we moved closer to the bouy. Total time on the water was three hours

Have fun. I think no matter where you go this time of year, you'll get crab. I like Netarts, its easy crabbing this time of year. hammond was closer to home for a afternoon session. And - bonus, it was a beautiful day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts