IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS A REPORT ON CRABBINGON EITHER THE ALSEA OR YAQUINA. I NO IT'S EARLY BUT GETTING HUNGRY FOR SOME CRAB.

THANKS

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I checked with a friend who crabbed on Sunday in Yaquina Bay. Not much going on. 5 crab for the two of them working 6 rings.

I have no idea how the Alsea is doing.

SD

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
Parrot - Since I cannot send you an e-mail or a private message I will have to say it here: TURN OFF THE ALL CAPS! IT MAKES PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE SHOUTING AT THEM.

All caps in thread titles are reserved for very important threads, like fishing closures.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Welcome aboard Parrot. Crabing has been slow pretty much all winter and spring. I've yet to hear of any bay producing any thing to speak of.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Had a freind crab yaquina on monday they got 20 but had to work hard for them.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
He must have hit it just right.

Does he know he can't keep the females? :wink:

I crabbed it memorial weekend and the pots were full on every pull but they were all females. :shrug:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Fishplay the freind who said he got 20 is known to tell fish story's. You know how fishermen are.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Went crabbing today at Newport and got 8 in 4 hours using 3 traps. Only saw a few females and they were small. Was also fishing for perch but didn't catch any.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts