IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to take a trip on Saturday with a couple buddies for my birthday. I have been working a lot and haven't had much time to follow the reports or to fish. I was wondering if there were any generous ifishers out there that would let me know how you do/did on Friday. Wherever you caught them there will be lots of boats and one more won't make a difference. I am set up to troll or anchor anywhere on the CR or Willamette on Saturday. A recent report would be a great birthday gift. You can send a private message or e-mail if you want it to be a secret. Thanks a lot in advance. Jesse

·
Registered
190 Posts
So Jesse, looks like everyone remembers the big numbers you were talkin about a couple weeks back, and figures you don't need any info!! :grin: :grin: :shrug:

Happy Birthday, maybe I will see you out there Saturday.

Play'n Snooky

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I crossed the Freemont bridge at about 10 this morning and saw close to 100 boats on the river. The color looked pretty good as well. I'd assume that they'd knock the crud out of them today, since I was working. :mad:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The slowest day on the CR I've seen this spring, I moved from one good spot to another, I didn't see any salmon above the water all day. Anyone else do any good?

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,247 Posts
Longview was a bust. Saw one caught in the "good" line, and that was it.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Fished mouth on the Willamette up to Swan Island/St Johns out into the Columbia near the mouth.

It seemed very slow all over. A fish here and there but no didn't see or hear of a bite.

I was trolling from 7:30A to Noon.

The fish count for 17th was low and it's been going down for the last three days so that seems reflected in the fishing results.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Oregon city was Fair.. NOt allot of fish but a Allot of Boats... mouth of the clack was horrible..1 fish for the line while i was there...noon-till 6pm

ors

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
i got a 10lb buck at the head of multnomah channel today and whiffed another one about 20 minutes later. the bite came in spurts. when one boat would hook up there were usually a couple more hooked up soon thereafter. it was fair overall but certainly not hot. most boats went home empty.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Here we go again with the Sellwood Br. report. Started out slow. Another sneaker day on the amount of fish caught. When I came back about noon there were fish being caught. There was a good bite at 3:00. I would say between noon and 4:30 when I left there were about 20 fish caught. Slow and steady. You have to keep your eyes open because there is no, one spot that is doing better than the others. If you like to throw your rod in the holder and troll then try above the point in the deep. Quite a few boats hooking up by zig zaging in the deeper water. I will be there in the morning till 9:00am. Easter Egg hunt time. My wife says I'm special and lets me hide my own eggs. :dance: What was I talking about? :shrug: Space Fish

[ 04-18-2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Space Fish? ]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Fished off of Bachelor Island this afternoon, fairly close to the shore in about 13'. Landed one beautiful native and didn't see much action in the 3 hours we were out there (2:30-5:30)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Sent you a pm.

I landed a real nice native on the Willamette this afternoon and saw a few other fish on.

[ 04-18-2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: adiboy ]

·
Registered
131 Posts
fished OC area thursday from 6am till dark caught one 22lb chinook water is clearing up there is a lot of fish in the river saw maybe 10 fish caught late bite

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Fished Swan Island to St. Johns bridge with guide Bud Wallendar today. Seven strikes, two failed to hook up, one long line release (me), four to the boat - two natives, two hatchery. All in all, a pretty good day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Fished S.H. area from 1:30pm until 7:30. Very slow - no fish. I saw only three fish landed before the tide change. I'll give it another go at daylight.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Hit sellwood at 1pm by 2 we released one and kept one. Picked up a friend at 4 pm 2 misses and one more keeper. We definately were all over the place. We mostly trolled cut plug herring. Just got boat last week and we have 4 to the boat in three trips. I hope this will never end :cheers:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Fished Frenchman's today from 9:30-2:00, no bites and saw nothing. :shrug:

Heard of a few caught at the head of the channel today trolling.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Willamette River is looking awesome now. The Sellwood area has been good in the morning. It died off today around 10:00am. Before that there were about 20 fish caught. We had 2 and 1 take down. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good. I will be there till 10:00 or 11:00am. SPACE FISH

·
Registered
545 Posts
SpaceFish,
We fished Fred's to the powerlines on the lower Willamette with 200 of our closest friends. Saw maybe 25-30 fish. Good bite at daylight then scratch until we left at 2:00ish. Red fish flash, 6oz lead at 16 pulls (20ft), blue label plug cuts (over a month in the bottle by the way). 3 take downs with 1 with too many fins. They should be to you in the AM at Sellwood. Wackum,
Jean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts