IFish.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Ilwaco at 5:15 this morning.Ran out almost to Till. Head and got our Salmon in 30 min.Nice fat Coho.Ran due west to 124.32 put our traps in and wham.Didn"t expect it that close in.Hit blue water at the 38 line so this southwest wind and flow has moved things alot closer again.Constant bite from the 32 to 38 line.Ran out of ice and came home with 10 fish.Nobody in our area.Talked to someone on the 46.09 line who had a good bite going between the 32 and 37 line.Anyway had a great day...:food:

·
Premium Member
16,600 Posts
Congrats!

I'm sitting at home today wondering how I can store more tuna. I know there is a way, I just have to get to Winco for some more jars!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Good job Mr. Cod. Took care of house hold stuff and the wife this weekend. I'm up for vacation in a week. Saving my honey do coupons. Actually trying to make room in my 4 freezers. Smoked fish today.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Nice Work Ray :dance:. How were the seas? I am in Cleveland when I should be fishing with you :grin:. Will be down next weekend and hope to run Saturday for tuna. How fast did you troll your traps?

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Saturday was ugly but sunday was very nice. Perfect matter of fact. Wish I had gone tuna fishing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good talking to you on the N12 line Cod Father. Hit the W33 at 7:15AM and trolled to the W36 before we hit fish. Every clone in the water caught fish between the 36 & 40 until the sun hit the water. After that it was a trap show.

Trolled the CR for salmon while carking tuna on the way in. Picked up 5 butter balls before we had the deck cleaned up.

Good day, two more fisherman introduced to Tunies!

E&O

·
Registered
518 Posts
We also ran out Sunday. After only getting one salmon in the box Sunday at 10:30 we decided to run for TUNA. I left all my gear at the dock. All we had was 3 mexi clones and 3 swimbait looking bottom fish lures and some bottom fishing weights. Off we went. Dropped in 20 miles out and got an instant double. One on the hand line. Capt wanted to go out farther :shrug: so off we went. Dropped in 28 miles out and picked up 7 more in about an hour and half. Decided to head back in . Found jumpers at the 32 line and picked up one more.
came back with 10 fish total for 2 1/2 hours fishing. Not bad. I am sure we would have gotten alot more if we had better gear. I was happy to get a TUNA to bite on a bottom fish jig I threw out to jumpers. Came back in at 30mph on a flat ocean and bar. We had a TUNA challenged person that had a great time and went home with a big cooler of fish because I just didn't want to deal with any more fish right now.

·
Premium Member
16,600 Posts
Codfather,
Bill, I have an extra freezer where you can store your fish until I get hungry.
You're a good man Mike, but there is no way I would trust you with that tuna. But I do have some of Bob's in my freezer, maybe you could make room for that?

But no matter, Winco coughed up another 11 cases of jars last night, so that should get me through.

:food:

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Dude, always, always, always, carry tuna gear. You just never know when they will be really close in. Had to raz ya a bit on the radio about that. Go show picking up 10 with the improvized gear. Ya could have trolled hootchies on salmon gear for them too.:idea: That would have been a kick.

Wish I'd gone out there with ya guys.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Sounds like I missed out too but on the plus side I'm not tired on Monday.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I thought about the hoochies like you suggested but the clones were getting hit. I don't mind getting razzed. It was all in good fun. I was glad to get the newbie some fish. It was fun just diggin through the bottom fish gear and getting something that worked. We were ice challenged and so more than 10 would have been a waste anyway. But they are in close but getting skittish. They would go down when we got close. I am sure if I had my rod with the 25 pound flouricarbon and small swimbaits I would have hooked up more fish. We really didn't care how many we got anyway. Just trying to have some fun on a perfect ocean.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I was going to fish yesterday but after the tweaking my back got on Saturday I could hardly move yesterday so I came home to rest up lots of fish in snotty conditions , never got pass the 35 line steady pick!!!PEACE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts