IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Vendor
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Guys, our phone is ringing non stop for crab reports.

Crabbing is still good. Ive already cooked a few limits today. The rain didnt blow the crab out of here. By high tide today pots should be full. The weekend should be great.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The parking lots at Hammond looked like B10 was back on today. More boat trailers than there were elk, and there were a lot of elk. We had other things to do today and planned to go out tomorrow, but after seeing the crowd I think we will wait for a calm weekday.

·
Vendor
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If we wanted to go CR crabbing next Saturday (after Thanksgiving), is it worth it given the tides? We would not be able to be there until 9 am at the earliest.
Absolutely, just sleep in.

Its a soft ebb and low that day, so plan on crabbing low water and start of flood, you will get crab. Heck, crabbing the ebb will probably produce.

We cooked about 700 crab today and had to fire a second cooker. We thank everyone for your patience, we think we will roll smoother and more efficient tomorrow. 2 cookers and a cooling tank is the plan.

What an awesome fall day at the coast. Lots of happy families enjoying the bounty of the NW.

Lets do it again tomorrow.

Water Sky Lighthouse Water resources Cloud

·
Vendor
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · · Business
We cooked at least 462 more crab today. Weather started ugly this morning,finished nice this afternoon.

Everyone that crabbed out of Hammond, we thank you. Even with the dredge in the way, limited dock space, and early B10 type launch lines at times, there were no issues.

Lots of smiling faces and great conversations around the crab cooker again. Awesome way to head into Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
More of a troller but not a troll !
381 Posts
I couldn’t take pictures my first mate was chumming most of the trip. 3 foot potato patch was over the bow damn se wind trumped the west swell. His first trip baptized! dam. I had to pull all the pots too old for full pots! Hope you have More customers before the axe falls with he commercial opener on the horizon.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts

·
Vendor
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Talk to me about your bait bag placement. It looks close enough to the door to get in the way.
I hate those pots. If you notice there are 3 doors, and it is virtually impossible to hang bait to keep all doors clear all the time. I hung the chew bag between 2 of the doors, and hope it just moved where you see it while being pulled.

My other pots hang bait much better.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I hate those pots. If you notice there are 3 doors, and it is virtually impossible to hang bait to keep all doors clear all the time. I hung the chew bag between 2 of the doors, and hope it just moved where you see it while being pulled.

My other pots hang bait much better.
Got it, I wasn’t paying attention. I didn’t notice the three doors. I have Danielsons and they’re kind of small. Sometimes the door catches on the bait bag and lodges open. I say bad words then.

·
Vendor
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Got it, I wasn’t paying attention. I didn’t notice the three doors. I have Danielsons and they’re kind of small. Sometimes the door catches on the bait bag and lodges open. I say bad words then.
Yeah, i have had these doors stick open or closed. I try to check everything and deploy them just right to prevent door and bait issues.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Posted in the open seats forum, but looking for someone to take my wife and I for some crabbing and or jetty fishing. A precondition for buying a boat is her going out to experience what it's like out there.

·
Registered
7,344 Posts
Posted in the open seats forum, but looking for someone to take my wife and I for some crabbing and or jetty fishing. A precondition for buying a boat is her going out to experience what it's like out there.
You really can't beat the $100 bucks or so for the guides that are running crabbing trips down there. Not sure who all is doing then now, maybe Big Game fishing is? Get a couple hundred dollars worth of crab and learn from the best about boating and crabbing.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts