IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the outgoing a.m. tide below St. Helens and look what my lady friend landed!!

44lb SLAB!!
Used a home made lure in brass finish with dark green prism tape, and herring scent.

Not bad for her second salmon ever. :grin:

[ 09-07-2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
HOLY KRIKEES :shocked: That's a hog and a half! Congratulations :cheers:

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
Yowwwzaaa! That's a lot of fish there. :shocked: If that's her second salmon ever, she'll be tagging a new state record pretty quick that rate. :grin:

Yes, please share some more details - I be the boats in the background had their binocs on you when you were beaching that whale!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That sure is one incredible fish. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!.What places are good for salmon bank fishing this time of year ?? I do not have a boat and would like to give a try.

·
Registered
294 Posts
:dance: WOOOOHOOOO!!! BEAUTIFUL fish!!! :dance:

Happy and relieved to see fish like that being caught from the bank!!!
Especially by a silly ol girl.. :wink: :wink: :grin:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, here's the story.
I have been experimenting with different grades of Chrome, brass, and stainless steel to develope a new lure which I have handed a few out for testing purposes.
So far the design is slaying the fish with most fish going over 30lbs, and several limits to the bank and in boats.
So...Tina caught her first salmon on june 28th of this year with the design and has PATIENTLY continued to fish by my side waiting to get her next bite,as I and many around her have caught fish, and she won't take a hand off.
We arrived in true fashion to get a good location with the other 75 rods on the bank and staked our piece (20 feet) of bank and put on the new lures and some herring scent (lunker lotion) casted out 65 yards or so with 16oz's, and waited for Mr. Nooker to come calling.
Around 10am.."Tina..Is that a lead role on your rod?"
"looks funny?" ....(ROD POUNDS TO THE BANK)
****E!!!!!FISH ON!!!! :grin:
AS she grabbed the rod from the holder I had to steady her from behind as this fish decided to take a cruise to Oregon :shocked: and she set the hook.
The fight lasted 20 mins before we could see the PIG and then it realized it was hooked when it saw 20 bankies starring at it..ZZZZZZZZZZZIIIPP
out it goes.
"IT's taking line..help!!It's taking line...Dan!! It's still taking line!!!"
Last year My largest salmon went 41lbs and I could see this pig was close to the same. After another 10 mins and several explosive runs up and down the bank..Tina slayed the monster and was awarded with a 44lber...What a way to break the skunk.
After heading for an official weigh in we went down river to another location and waited for the afternoon tide.
She banked another of 24lbs, and I banked a 32lber and a 37lber. what a day!!!
Tight lines...see ya out there!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice fish,You gotta love the "Hurry up and take the picture, this is heavy" look on her face..
Way to go!!!

·
Registered
17,499 Posts
137 pounds of fish, in one day, off the bank!!!! :shocked:

On a day when most reported very slow action -

Now, where do I send my money for a couple of those lures? Seriously.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Congrats Dan and Tina,
that is one nice HAWG. :dance: :dance: This rain should help us all get more fish! :tongue:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.