IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard where and how to fish for Fall Chinook but are there any to catch? I am fishing Sunday and don't know if I should go for sturgeon or salmon. I was thinking that with the cooler temps at night and the little bit of rain the bite might pick up for the weekend. Has anybody been catching any salmon or sturgeon lately? I don't have time to go to Astoria or I would go there. I was thinking either frenchman's for salmon, St. Helens for salmon, K. Point for Sturgeon, or the fishery for sturgeon. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Frenchmans might be the best choice with the water temps so high. It is deep, and cool. Or, you could explore, and find some new water. The mouth of the Sandy would be another option.

Good luck!! :smile:

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
I picked up a fall nook off of Gov't island earlier this weeks, I know catches have been spotty up and down the river. The nets have been in and out about I-5 so if I could, I'd tend to stay below- Frenchmen's sounds good. Tight lines, TOC.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will the little bit of rain, the cooler nights, and the shorter days lately effect the water temp. yet? Or does it take more than that to get URBs biting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts