IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post, so I hope you find this information useful, although it is fairly obvious.

I drove up the CR checking out the various fishing holes. I didn't see any fish. I tried my hand with a spinner at bowling alley drift (just for fun) with no luck. Went further up to Barton park. A couple of ODFW guys had been surveying the waters by boat and reported seeing only a couple dark Chinooks, a few Steelhead, and no Silvers. They had gaffed a couple SH and had taken samples, throwing the extras back to the river.

I continued up to Eagle Creek, stopping at Eagle Fern Park. The water is very low with no fish observed. At Eagle Creek hatchery, I saw one dead fish (Silver) in the water just below the ladder. NO other fish present.

Like I said, stating the obvious, but I figured I'd share it with you.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Welcome fishing dude! Thanks for the report.

Tradition says you got to tell us a fish story as a newcomer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, don't have any zinggers, but went fishing on the columbia from the bank across from suave island. Had a good size chinook right up to the shore, ready to be netted. A guy I don't even know tried to net the fish, instead of letting me guide it in, he went for it, knocked it off the line and away it went. I was with my grandfather at the time (old'timer who was a major fisher). He nearly went after the guy.

I've been away from the NW for the last 7 years and now I'm back (trust me, this is as good as it gets). I still have never landed a Chinook, but you better believe I'm gonna try.

Heading to Pacific City Sunday to fish with my great uncle. He's one of those lucky retired guys that lives there for 2.5 months in an RV, goes fishing every day, and regularly catches big fish. He caught a 37 lb. Chinook last Sunday using a Kwik-fish with a sardine wrap.

Anyway, there you go, that's me....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts