IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out to the CR tomorrow. Any report from out there? I here it has been good conditions and good fishing.

Updates appreciated.

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris,

I tried calling you the other day. My travel schedule with work has been brutal the last 4 weeks.

I want to go down to Astoria next weekend for the last time and I still owe you that trip. I really would like to take you.

Get in touch with me or I will do that tomorrow. I know you are going to Frenchmans tomorrow.

Good luck on that. Hope your family is well.

Take care and I will be in touch.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Fished out of Hammond today, calm as a koala on ritalin. But the fog was thick and didnt let up till around eleven. Oh yeah caught two shiny fish also.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Terry- I would love to be your deck hand on the mighty Hog Hunter next weekend if you decide to go. I gotta work Sunday but Saturday looks wide open. You don't owe me a thing dude, it was my pleasure meeting you and fishing beside you for gators. Good luck on your trip :cool:

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris,

Next Saturday it is. I may go Friday as well. I will call you.

Good luck tomorrow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was out there this morning. It was foggy on the way out, but when it lifted......my what a day. It was like a mirror out there. We started fishing at buoy 2 and had our fish before we got near the cr buoy. One that I cought, by the way, was a 34 lb. urb. I would love to post the picture but I don't posses the technology. I did get my picture at chinook county store. It's posted on his wall of shame.

3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay,

Here is the report from today.

Had to actually work quite hard for 6 fish today in the Ocean. The wind waves were very annoying but thankfully the swell was minimal.

1 Chinook (20#) and 5 keeper silvers and too many nates.

Here is my barometer, we purchased 4 dozen fresh herring and threw a little more than a dozen into the drink when we were finished. This in my opinion is a slow day for the Ocean.

We tried the river after finishing in the Ocean and caught only one nate at the sawdust pile.

As Steely Dan once said in the song "Reelin in th Years" "The everlasting summer can't you see it's fading fast", is coming to fruition. I hate to see summer end.

Tacklebuster, I will call you and hopefully the ocean will quit rocking & rolling by next weekend and maybe we can milk another weekend out of it. If not, I will chase URB's up in the gorge.

Peace out!!!! :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts