IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over the bar this morning about 6:45 am. got to the W bouy ( that what it was on the GPS ) started fishing , only 2 of us in the boat and we were busyier than a 1 leged man in a butt kicking contest , we probably had about 10 or 12 fish on in about 2 hours or less ,, let 2 fin cliped coho go (TO SMALL) and several nates go . kept 4 good size coho 3- - 11 pounders and 1 -- 13 pounder ,Came back across the bar at about 10 am. went to the church hole , fished deep for nooks but no bites. Very good trip lots of fun .

Did anyone cross the bar in or out at about 10 am and if so how would you rate the bar ,,#1 being flat and #10 being real bad. we rated it at about a 4 or 5 . just large swells.
DAB

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
We went out arount 10:30 and it was about a 4 for us as well. When we came back the swells were quirte a bit LARGER but not cresting and I would rate it a 5 1/2. I did hear that there were small craft warnings. If it were windy It have been too much.

The bad thing was that when we went out there was one crab set and when we came back they were more everwhere north of the channel. When the swells are big it is tough to see a set until you are on top of them.

Jet~~~

[ 08-16-2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: jet ]

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
DAB, I (we 3 ) went out about 2 Pm and headed for buoy 2. Dropped the line in a little short of #2 and never reached it. Hit fish within 60 seconds on a Coyote spoon and then another. Then a tripple hitter and only one was a nate. WE limited in short order and then ran inside to see if we could find a nook. NO such luck so we headed for the barn about 4:30. Limits of coho but nothing bigger than 12 lbs. Lots of fun, calm seas with swells of about 3'.

Rated the bar a 10 as any day I can cross it has to be a 10. Several other river boats out there too. Saw a pod of seals working the surface. Must have been 10 to 15 of them all circled and facing the sky. Odd looking but interesting.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
571 Posts
We crosed the bar about 6:15am little rough but not to bad.stoped at bouy 2 and started fishing about a minute later my pole goes off.After taking about a hundred yrds of my line we start following with the boat.I would get about half my line back and it would take off again.But as it was taking line again for the fourth time my hook came out. :mad: Sure would have liked to seen it what ever it was. We ended up limiting with 6 nice coho 7-12lbs and only 3 dozen hering later.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
We crossed the bar at 6:30 this morning. Hit some nats' right away then a bunch of hathcery fish. Our smallest fish was 9 lbs. One of my buddy's landed a 20lb nate. Ocean was awesome today.

~steelymann~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts