IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a trip over the bar on July 22 and 23rd. Since I've been out of town in AK, I am wondering if fishing is still as good as it has been, from what I've heard.

There are some very "soft" tides next week and if weather permits, I'll be out looking for Silvers and the occasional Chinook.

Any reports would be appreciated.

Rusty

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look forward to hearing about your success on Sunday.

I looked at the NOAA forcast for Tues.-Wed. and as I suspected, it doesn't look too good. "Winds out of the NW @ 20KTs building to 25KTs, seas 3 ft with swells to 7 ft." Yuk!

However, if I am able to get out early, maybe I'll be done by 9:00 or 9:30 AM and on the way back before things really get UGLY! Hope so!

Would appreciate any weekend reports.

Rusty

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hey Rusty,
Just got back from Ilwaco. The tide going out was perfect. A little breeze but pretty nice. Hammered fish all morning to 11 lb silver. Went through a lot of nats' to get our limits though. I used to use a double fixed hook out there to get the spin just right. Today, We started getting thrown around a bit after 8 am and I went with the roto-killers. Those things kicked butt!! If the wind stays down, go for it. The wind was actually starting to lay down at 11 am. Good luck.

~steelymann~ :dance:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts