IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not being in the know!! Can you all help me with this?????? What is a Coyote Spoons????????
A picture would help, Where to pick up.
Whats the cost, or do you make them your self??.
Tight Lines River-Rat...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Made by Luhr Jensen, available at any good sporting goods store. They come in different colors and lenths, 3.5" being the most popular and productive. Cost is around 3 to 4 dollars. Very good for salmon, especially behind a flasher. I like the glow green/green for chinook and blue/chrome for silvers. LOL

Green Machine

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
RiverRat, there are several articles on these spoons already. One has photos by Depoe Bay Dan, and he really likes them. AS for me, I say that I will stick to herring unless someone wants to give me one or two, but they have to be 3.5" and in the yellowish/chartruse color. I will not accept anything else. Unless it is the cop car colors, or the watermellon one or the silver one with the prisem tape on it or by now you are getting the picture.

Yesterday, we fished out of Depoe Bay and started with herring and two Coyote spoons. After five streight hits on the spoons the herring was swapped and we ( three ) limited with about 90. minutes. We also released another five fish during that time. They work, get a couple and I don't think I will every buy herring again.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Thanks Dan, lets see that picture of your set up. Would you email the pictures from yesterday to do me so I can store them.

It was a real treat to fisy with you and you really overextended yourself for Lucky and I. WE will buy the biscuits and grave next time before we go out.

Great trip and lets do it again and get all three limits for the boat.

I really appreciate you taking us up to Deborah's house to clean up the blood bath. It turned out okay. Now I have drilled holes and blooded this new boat to the point that it doesn't hurt any more to mis use it like that.

* Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts